Trackwrestling Updates

jcddmoon

CAn anyone explain to me why TN AAU is using Trackwretling this year and not recording any stats. We have wrestled at three different tournaments this year and only had one bracket recorded, and even with that one onone of the wins, pins, maj or techs were recorded. For kids who compete nationally they need there ranking to increase in order to get a good seeding out of state. What's going on? :?:

Not an AAU tournament, but the Bristol Brawl uses track and always updates brackets.

Travel to Bristol next year and experience some of the best competition from several states, one of the most efficient tournaments around, and great hospitality for coaches. We always start on time, have some of the best awards with a custom 5x7 championship medal, and plenty of space with stadium seating for everyone. We use only certified referees--no high school refs.

This year we had wrestlers from 8 states and as far away as Indiana. Most of Tennessee has never experienced the Bristol Brawl because of scheduling conflicts with other tournaments across the state. Next year Chattanooga, Nashville, and Knoxville should put Bristol on your schedule. You will be hooked!

Below are some of the comments received following this year's tournament:

"I just wanted to take a second to let you know how impressed our club was with your tourney on Saturday. We have been going to various tournaments for years and have never attended one quite so well organized. Everyone was very helpful and it ran smoothly. If ever your club feels like giving a tutorial on how to run a tourney, I will be happy to sign some others up! "

I want to say that I had a great time at your tournament. The facility was excellent, and the matches moved at a great pace. And, from all that I personally observed, the entire morning session was very fair.

Great tournament!!!! I wish they all ran so smooth! Can't wait to come back next year!

CAn anyone explain to me why TN AAU is using Trackwretling this year and not recording any stats. We have wrestled at three different tournaments this year and only had one bracket recorded, and even with that one onone of the wins, pins, maj or techs were recorded. For kids who compete nationally they need there ranking to increase in order to get a good seeding out of state. What's going on? :?:

I agree with 100% not only would them posting the results on track boost their track wrestling profile but its nice to use as a reference when getting prepaired for a upcoming match. My son is working hard to get the belt and I to wish they would update trackwrestling. They have the results of the Top 100 in Pigeon Forge posted on Team Tennessee's website they should be able to move the stats over.

I agree with 100% not only would them posting the results on track boost their track wrestling profile but its nice to use as a reference when getting prepaired for a upcoming match. My son is working hard to get the belt and I to wish they would update trackwrestling. They have the results of the Top 100 in Pigeon Forge posted on Team Tennessee's website they should be able to move the stats over.

I asked a tournament director about this a few weeks ago. The answer that was given to me is that it takes about 6 hours to insert all the data. That is probably true if you wait until the tournament is over. We wrestled in AL and most recently IN this weekend. Both tourneys were on Track and they updated their brackets as the tournaments progressed. They had a computer station for each mat and the bout sheets were brought to the scoring table by a runner as the matches were complete. It worked great and gave you realtime results. I really hope TN gets this resolved. It is very frustrating. The parents and children alike, enjoy checking out each others profiles, but the Track system loses its appeal when not properly utilized.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked a tournament director about this a few weeks ago. The answer that was given to me is that it takes about 6 hours to insert all the data. That is probably true if you wait until the tournament is over. We wrestled in AL and most recently IN this weekend. Both tourneys were on Track and they updated their brackets as the tournaments progressed. They had a computer station for each mat and the bout sheets were brought to the scoring table by a runner as the matches were complete. It worked great and gave you realtime results. I really hope TN gets this resolved. It is very frustrating. The parents and children alike, enjoy checking out each others profiles, but the Track system loses its appeal when not properly utilized.

Mr Moon, what tournaments are you talking about? All the ones we run in Chattanooga are online with stats and results through track. I dont think Nashville is running through track. The ones we have been to havent used track anyway. They use track to register but transfer the entries over to their own program to run the tournament. Let me know which tournaments you are refering to as its not Tennessee Aau doing this. Each tournament host choses the format they use to run their tournament. In our region we enter the results as they happen and it updates the brackets. It doesnt take any extra time but for someone not familiar with Track it may seem like a daunting task at first. I will address this issue at our spring meeting as we need to all be on the same page across the state. Be patient, we are getting to where we want to be, slowly but surely.

Mr Moon, what tournaments are you talking about? All the ones we run in Chattanooga are online with stats and results through track. I dont think Nashville is running through track. The ones we have been to havent used track anyway. They use track to register but transfer the entries over to their own program to run the tournament. Let me know which tournaments you are refering to as its not Tennessee Aau doing this. Each tournament host choses the format they use to run their tournament. In our region we enter the results as they happen and it updates the brackets. It doesnt take any extra time but for someone not familiar with Track it may seem like a daunting task at first. I will address this issue at our spring meeting as we need to all be on the same page across the state. Be patient, we are getting to where we want to be, slowly but surely.

First let me clarify my stance as I have been jumped on in other forums for "bad mouthing" TNAAU. I am proud to be a part of TNAAU and I appreciate all the wonderful volunteers in the state are doing for the sport. None of my statements are a knock on TNAAU. Now, I am speaking about Mid TN Specifically. I have helped with some Track tourneys and it does have some pitfalls and is not exactly intuitive if you are not used to the system or if you dont have enough computers at the tournament to effeciently make real time stat updates. Most recently I helped with the Warrior's Den Tourney. They did a great job running the tournament, but they only had one computer available to work registration and stats which made the task of real time bout updates virtually impossible. In other tournaments I have been to they either had a computer at each mat to update the bouts at the mat or they had a runner that brought bout sheets to a head table that had three to five workers doing the statistical data entry, this worked well and I think that is what Chattanooga does to their credit. Additionally the task of putting in stats after the tournament is complete is a monumental one. My wife and I took all the bout sheets from the Warrior's Den tourney and we entered in all the bouts on two computers at home and it took us roughly 5 hours. I too am a supporter of TNAAU and I love the sport and the progress the state has made. My hope is that before next year we give all the tournament directors more support in the form of training and equipment so we can become more unifrom and effecient throughout the state. My profession is in Instructional Development and Platform Instruction for the military at Ft. Campbell. I would be more than happy to provide this training if we could some how all get togther and decide on proper and adequate training, and a place to do this that everyone in the state could attend. :thumb:

Josh Moon

Coyote Wrestling Club

Asst. Head Coach

931-217-8483

Edited by jcddmoon