Bradley Central

GRILLZ

It seems like this year has been a rough patch for the Bear from Bradley County this season from a dual perspective. They have accured a series of both close wins or losses and uneven losses with the former coming against opponents they would normally beat fairly well handedly such as Chatt. Central and the latter coming against perrenial powehouses such as Cleveland and Father Ryan. My question is, w/ the amount of resources distributed to their in-county archrival Cleveland, which I attribute as being the factor in getting talented kids to choose to go to that institutiion instead of Bradley, is this years below par performance (for this particular program) only a statistical outlier, or is it due to become the trend of the future for the time being?

I am not sure you can call this a trend or a vision of things to come. Bradley has met some strong foes this year. Father Ryan, Cleveland and Soddy Daisy have very strong teams. Chattanooga Central is also good. I think there are a lot of teams that would like to be having Bradley's "down" year.

I give the credit to successful teams not to money, but to people like Steve Henry, Eric Phillips, Steve Logsdon and now Ben Smith. (And many other great coaches across the state.) Dollars have never made a difference to how you perform on the mat.

In high achool sports, there is a constant rotation. A team with a large starting senior class sometimes leave a large hole on the next year's talent. Bradley, Soddy and Cleveland all have had these problems and managed them well. It gets the best of every program every now and then.

No excuse needed or expected from the Bears. The 2012 season is not over yet. And no one has won or loss a match in the 2012/2013 season.

No trends.

Edited by Da Bears

I am not sure you can call this a trend or a vision of things to come. Bradley has met some strong foes this year. Father Ryan, Cleveland and Soddy Daisy have very strong teams. Chattanooga Central is also good. I think there are a lot of teams that would like be having Bradley's "down" year.

I give the credit to successful teams not to money, but to people like Steve Henry, Eric Phillips, Steve Logsdon and now Ben Smith. (And many other great coaches across the state.) Dollars have never made a difference to how you perform on the mat.

In high achool sports, there is a constant rotation. A team with a large starting senior class sometimes leave a large hole on the next year's talent. Bradley, Soddy and Cleveland all have had these problems and managed them well. It gets the best of every program every now and then.

No excuse needed or expected from the Bears. The 2012 season is not over yet. And no one has won or loss a match in the 2012/2013 season.

No trends.

Da Bears - that was a more thoughtful and insightful response than was likely deserved.

Grillz - you can call it Bear Hunting if you like...others have been known to call it pot-stirring. I am not a Bradley fan, by any stretch, but your comments do a disservice to the knowledge, dedication, hard work and dedication exhibited by men like Eric Phillips, Steve Henry, Al Miller and others too numerous to name.

It seems like this year has been a rough patch for the Bear from Bradley County this season from a dual perspective. They have accured a series of both close wins or losses and uneven losses with the former coming against opponents they would normally beat fairly well handedly such as Chatt. Central and the latter coming against perrenial powehouses such as Cleveland and Father Ryan. My question is, w/ the amount of resources distributed to their in-county archrival Cleveland, which I attribute as being the factor in getting talented kids to choose to go to that institutiion instead of Bradley, is this years below par performance (for this particular program) only a statistical outlier, or is it due to become the trend of the future for the time being?

1- Cleveland is a very good team, but it has come through hard work and sweat, not the million dollar building.

2- Resources and said building have been in place for over a decade, yet until last week, Bradley owned an 18 year win streak against their rivals. Again, not the building.

3- Exactly which "talented kids" are jumping ship and heading from Bradley to Cleveland, or vice-versa for that matter?

4- Several years ago, Coach Steve Henry and crew went through a very tough year, losing to several teams that they "normally beat fairly well handidly??" Guys like you crept in the tall grass, waiting to pounce. Look where Soddy is now. Coach Smith and company will do the same. It's what great programs do.

5- Who exactly did Bradley and their 22 State Titles beat the britches off of for you to lick your chops so quickly?

What a great troll. I'll play along for your enjoyment, most people in Bradley/cleveland area thought this should of happened sooner what with Walker Valley adding a program and the higher calling kids club growing in numbers, Cleveland middle has had a good team for about 5yrs now so they should be getting better, but I wouldn't count any team that is traditionally good out for to long not in Bradley or Hamilton county, are you going to now go trolling for Baylor fans? Thier not having thier regular stellar year and they get just as excited or more so than Bradley fans, another thing that has slowed Bradley down some what is that they lost Brent Belcher at Lake Forest middle school a couple yrs ago, but they seem to be righting the ship some this year and they are Bradley's main feeder school. So sit back and enjoy the fishing I'm sure you'll get more bites.

I think what we are seeing this year out of Bradley is not so much thier not as good as that they finally forced everybody else to become more serious about the way they approach the sport. You can't deny that Soddy Cleveland, Clarksville, etc. have been Bear hunting for along time now with not very good results ,but to me it seems that this year has been a plus for the state as a whole. Programs have elevated thier performance and it should be nothing but a good thing for the growth of the sport. I may even travel to the dirt floor to watch the finals this yr, but i still wish it was in chatt. town or mtsu.

I think what we are seeing this year out of Bradley is not so much thier not as good as that they finally forced everybody else to become more serious about the way they approach the sport. You can't deny that Soddy Cleveland, Clarksville, etc. have been Bear hunting for along time now with not very good results ,but to me it seems that this year has been a plus for the state as a whole. Programs have elevated thier performance and it should be nothing but a good thing for the growth of the sport. I may even travel to the dirt floor to watch the finals this yr, but i still wish it was in chatt. town or mtsu.

That's a very flimsy argument to make considering what I've observed about the wrestling in this state over the last decade or so..

That's a very flimsy argument to make considering what I've observed about the wrestling in this state over the last decade or so..

I'm talking d1, if you have been watching the last decade or so you can't help but notice the level that the bears stayed at for so long, only Soddy has been able to stay close, clarksville was there for a few years on an off, but who else on a consistent basis challenged them in d1? Who? Until all the programs started to change thier approach ( strenghting feeder schools programs, building kids club , not just individuals but entire teams) the road to the title ran through Bradley for the last decade,now it seems d1 teams from upper, middle and west tn. might be able to claim a team trophy. I for one am glad to see the rest of the state get stronger, it's good for the sport and all the wrestlers.