2012 Clarksville High School Wildcat Opening Day Banquet

mtcook

Come here University of Tennessee Head Baseball Coach Dave Serrano at the 2012 Opening Day Banquet hosted by the Clarksville High School Wildcat baseball program. The event will be held on Monday March 5, 2012 at the Hilldale Baptist Church Family Life Center in Clarksville, TN. See attached for more details. Contact Coach Hetland (brian.hetland@cmcss.net) or Mark T. Cook (mcook2329@att.net) for reservation or more information.

Visti our website:

http://www.clarksvillebaseball.net

• 3 weeks later...

What about Dave coming to Tullahoma? The whole town was waiting to hear Serrano speak at The Tullahoma Wildcats Baseball Banquet but for reasons unknown he is now not coming. Anybody have any reasons to why?

I think its because Justin Sheffield may have committed to Vanderbilt. That would be like trying to get the Coffee Co football coach to speak at the Tullahoma football banquet. Ain't gonna happen.

Can you see the Coffee Co football coach speaking at Tullahoma in the hopes of getting Jared Davis to transfer back to Coffee Co?

[/quo I think Justin knows that he was wanted at UT. I really don't blame Serrano. With that being said, Vanderbilt has a great baseball program and Coach Corbin is an outstanding coach. Justin couldn't go wrong either way. I'm a big Mike Minor fan, the kid who pitched at Vandy and Forrest High in Chapel Hill and now an Atlanta Brave. I umpired several of his games in high school. Its closer for his parents to travel to Nashville to see their son play. I hope he's successful if he ends up going to Vandy, but I'm a Vol for Life and that's not going to change.

If he gives up that easy on a player like Sheffield I don't think he will get the job done on the hill. If I was him I would be there speaking trying to change his mind.

Coach Dave Serrano is winner and will get the job done on the hill. He has taken two (2) different teams (Cal State Fullerton & UC Irvine) to the College World Series so he knows what he is doing. Is there another NCAA Division 1 coach in Tennessee that has accomplished what Dave Serrano has over his career?

Edited by cbg

Coach Dave Serrano is winner and will get the job done on the hill. He has taken two (2) different teams (Cal State Fullerton & UC Irvine) to the College World Series so he knows what he is doing. Is there another NCAA Division 1 coach in Tennessee that has accomplished what Dave Serrano has over his career?

The thread is about Serrano speaking in Clarksville and not speaking in Tullahoma. We are all aware of his accomplishments. Fact is he "committed" to speaking to both schools on back to back days and now that "Jordan" committed to another school he's just not going to show. His parents told me that he never committed to UT anyways. Sad part is "Justus" has mentioned to many people that he may not want to follow big bro and pave his own road. Now, do you think Tennessee is at the top of the list? I'de say not! Plus I didnt know that Tully only has "one" baseball family.

The thread is about Serrano speaking in Clarksville and not speaking in Tullahoma. We are all aware of his accomplishments. Fact is he "committed" to speaking to both schools on back to back days and now that "Jordan" committed to another school he's just not going to show. His parents told me that he never committed to UT anyways. Sad part is "Justus" has mentioned to many people that he may not want to follow big bro and pave his own road. Now, do you think Tennessee is at the top of the list? I'de say not! Plus I didnt know that Tully only has "one" baseball family.

This topic should have a thread of its own. Just where is the list Justus has and who knows where the young man is going? I'm sure he'll make a good decision, but I wouldn't discount the Vols just because Coach Serrano canceled his speaking engagement in Tullahoma. You think Coach Dooley will speak at the Arkansas football banquet.