Who are the top AAA teams in each part of the state?

HSbaseballguru

I would like to get some opinions on each classification over the next few days. We can start with AAA today. Last year had Farragut winning another championship in a great game with Columbia so most would probably say they will be back there again. I would have said the same thing until Taylor's injury. Now, I think AAA may be as wide open as it has in a long time. I have a fefeling that this may finally be Mt. Juliet's year for some reason. That is a great program that has a coach that works hard so I feel like they deserve a title. Columbia has two great arms returning but lost 7 position players from last year added with the emergence of the Sheffield brothers in Tullahoma and Columbia may not be the best team in their District this year. Arlington, Collierville and Bartlett out West will all be good as well.Scince Hill is probably the best competition for Farragut in upper East Tennessee. Ooltewah is probably the best team in the Chattanooga area with a lot of people coming back. What does everyone else think?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too soon to tell in Jan. what will happen in May. Farragut is always tough, with the program having so much success they know how to win. Tullahoma has the Sheffield brothers, and begs the question are they enough? Columbia will be good as well Ooltewah. MJ has roster full of very impressive pitching, 6 sr's with 3 jr's and a soph. From what I here Collierville has a very good team as well, they hit very well. I do not know about Arlington or Bartlett.

Too soon to tell in Jan. what will happen in May. Farragut is always tough, with the program having so much success they know how to win. Tullahoma has the Sheffield brothers, and begs the question are they enough? Columbia will be good as well Ooltewah. MJ has roster full of very impressive pitching, 6 sr's with 3 jr's and a soph. From what I here Collierville has a very good team as well, they hit very well. I do not know about Arlington or Bartlett.

Until someone dethrones Farragut, they will be the team to beat. In 1AAA, Science Hill lost its security blanket, Daniel Norris, but have a bunch of good arms returning--Craig, Sweeney, Lloyd, Campbell, Pope, and Blanton. Each would be a 1 or 2 on most other teams. Craig will probably be the go-to guy. SH lost some bats to graduation. This will be a good year to be a freshman or sophmore at SH because of the opportunities. Pitching will be good; offense and defense are the question marks for Science Hill.

Hard to say about the rest of 1AAA. Dobyns-Bennett has some good bats, but questionable pitching. Boone was gutted by graduation. Volunteer, Central, South, Tennessee High, and Crockett will struggle with their pitching.

• 3 weeks later...