SEQUOYAH FOOTBALL 2012

red_nation

I love Sequoyah football,but i'm worried.They have a chance to be a good football team this year but to my knowledge they have not even stepped into the weight room yet.The head coach is doing freshman basketball.Is this normal or is other teams not in there yet either.Like to know where other teams are at this point.I mean spring practice is less then 4 months.JUST CURIOUS AND CONCEREND.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Sequoyah football,but i'm worried.They have a chance to be a good football team this year but to my knowledge they have not even stepped into the weight room yet.The head coach is doing freshman basketball.Is this normal or is other teams not in there yet either.Like to know where other teams are at this point.I mean spring practice is less then 4 months.JUST CURIOUS AND CONCEREND.

It's really up to the players at this point. During "open facilities, conditioning/weight training", coaches aren't supposed to be involved except in a "supervisory" role. This is when you find out who is really commited. You will find next years starters and stars in the weight room working hard. If nobody is in the weight room, you are in trouble.

I know at McMinn Central the boys are in the weight room and doing speed and agility. I have posted in the MC thread on the kids that are coming out that did not play last year. Crazy thing is that sophmores and freshman got valuable playing time last year. They have some size coming that were walking the halls last year. District could be interesting this year. MC lost some seniors but underclassmen are going to fill these roles no problem. How many kids did the Cheifs lose to graduation?

• 2 weeks later...

I know at McMinn Central the boys are in the weight room and doing speed and agility. I have posted in the MC thread on the kids that are coming out that did not play last year. Crazy thing is that sophmores and freshman got valuable playing time last year. They have some size coming that were walking the halls last year. District could be interesting this year. MC lost some seniors but underclassmen are going to fill these roles no problem. How many kids did the Cheifs lose to graduation?

Chiefs return most their starters on both sides, Look for Sequoyah to be a good team in 2012, should finish in top two of the district.