Region 1-AAA

TommyMan37604

SH having 1300 more students than the average AAA team in East Tenn may call for adding a AAAA division in Tennessee. How would Cloudland have done if they played all schools with at least double their enrollments. SH is a great team and is 50% more likely to have a better team year in and year out than most other teams in their region. Would sure like to see a re-shuffling of divisions based on size of student body.

This makes no sense for a number of reasons-mainly, who would SHHS play? Do u realistically want them to travel to Memphis and Nashville for games against schools of similiar size? Cause there just aren't that many schools that big around here

Yes but 90% of those said students do not even play sports. Only the girls who want to play play. Only the best make it just like any other school. Cloudland would still be the same if 2700 students when to Roan Mnt. because only a small group of girls WANT to play basketball. Cloudlands problem is they lose kids to Etown.lol. A guy at the SH game said they only have 19 or 20 players in their program. Wkvols can probably tell us more.

Speaking of credit, I'm not sure why SH seemingly hasn't received any love on the national scene. I saw in USA Today this week where Riverdale (#14) and Clarksville (#11) are ranked in the top 25 nationally. Also, Bob Jones (#8) from Alabama is in the top 10. I believe SH defeated Bob Jones in the Greeneville tournament earlier this year. I believe SH also beat this Clarksville team in last year's state tournament before losing to eventual winner Memphis Central (a perennial nationally ranked team). I realize these other teams have highly sought after D1 players, but I believe SH deserves consideration nonetheless.

I agree and yes they did beat Bob Jones. I saw the game and it was good, but Science Hill was in control from tip to finish (if I recall correctly). Then SH beat Mt Juliet in the finals of that tournament. Bob Jones had great athletes, but it just seems like TN girls are a lot more fundamentally sound than these teams that come in from out of state with D1 prospects. In SH's case they have great athletes with fundamentals too!

The student numbers for science hill includes the 7th and 8th graders. Starting next year they will be seperate again. The Lady Toppers have 20 ladies who play in the varsity and jv teams. Had 6 or 7 freshman who were only on the freshman team. So overall about 26 or 27 in the high school program and no seniors. Had 12 on the 8th grade team.

Yes but 90% of those said students do not even play sports. Only the girls who want to play play. Only the best make it just like any other school. Cloudland would still be the same if 2700 students when to Roan Mnt. because only a small group of girls WANT to play basketball. Cloudlands problem is they lose kids to Etown.lol. A guy at the SH game said they only have 19 or 20 players in their program. Wkvols can probably tell us more.

you are kidding right? Allow any decent coach to pick 10 players out of a student body of 2,000 and he/she will beat the coach who picks from a student body of 1,000 the vast majority of the time. By the way, at a super large school, there are scores of students who don't try out because they know who the stars are. There are probably lots and lots of girls at SH who could start for many other teams but are not playing on the school team.

Let's see..in football we have what, five or six divisions? In basketball we have three!!

This makes no sense for a number of reasons-mainly, who would SHHS play? Do u realistically want them to travel to Memphis and Nashville for games against schools of similiar size? Cause there just aren't that many schools that big around here

Does not represent a problem. Existing schools would continue to play most of their regular opponets with maybe one or two travel games out of region. But when tournament time comes, teams would only play those in their division..just like in football.

I love it when the losers always complain about something. You got took out back and beat down by SH. Just accept it and move on. You better be watching out for Maryville or you East SUPER squad will not even make it to the boro. You have played 3 potential state teams and lost by 12, 45, and 42. East will not stand a chance in the Murphy Center. Heck they may not even make it, but don't worry if they do and lose that first one its because the school to bigger than theirs. Give me a break!

I love it when the losers always complain about something. You got took out back and beat down by SH. Just accept it and move on. You better be watching out for Maryville or you East SUPER squad will not even make it to the boro. You have played 3 potential state teams and lost by 12, 45, and 42. East will not stand a chance in the Murphy Center. Heck they may not even make it, but don't worry if they do and lose that first one its because the school to bigger than theirs. Give me a break!

I dont think granddad is an East fan and you are right East more than likely wont have a chance if they make it to State. Maryville will be a tough game for us on the road. Hilltoppers wont win State this year.....maybe next year!

I think that East has had their up's and down's this year, but it is obvious that their new coach is rebuilding a good solid program. Got to give the East girls a thumbs up for their accomplishements this season. I do think that SH is the best, well-rounded with deep talent,and focused team that has came from this area in years. They have played team ball all year and concentrated on one game at a time. TommyMan, you usually don't react this strongly. Good luck to both of our AAA teams, and play hard!

I agree size of school should not matter....I think Tennessee, Walters State, and Maryville College should all be in the same conference or classification. I think Science Hill, Happy Valley, and Washburn should all be in the same classification. I don't know why we even have A, AA, and AAA! WOW! By the way Science Hill is good for all of you that dont know it!

I agree size of school should not matter....I think Tennessee, Walters State, and Maryville College should all be in the same conference or classification. I think Science Hill, Happy Valley, and Washburn should all be in the same classification. I don't know why we even have A, AA, and AAA! WOW! By the way Science Hill is good for all of you that dont know it!

lol good idea.