Region 1-AAA

TommyMan37604

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. Its like Coach Lombardi said, "If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we would all have a great big Christmas." Listen, I'm from the "other side" of Morristown, and East is definitely our biggest rivalry in every sport, but you have to give credit where credit is due. You can't call a team with 27 wins "overrated." They have lost thier leading scorer, and I dont think they have lost a game since she got hurt. Starting 3 seniors right now hardly classifies them as an "old" team. I already knew that Coach Cloninger was a good coach (she coached my daughter in middle school), but she has certainly done outstanding with this group. They probably will not beat Science Hill, but I bet it will be a good game, and with the chance to play in sub-state against Farragut or Maryville, I would take East over either one. Congrats to East, and that is hard for me to say.

To do what shes done with what she has Tracy deserves to be considered Coach of the year in girls AAA. I think she has two girls on the team that plays AAU basketball and they are a sophomore and a junior. She is bringing the love of basketball to a place where softball has been the primary sport for a long time! Tracy Cloninger would definitely get my vote for coach of the year!!!

Edited by stormy22

To do what shes done with what she has Tracy deserves to be considered Coach of the year in girls AAA. I think she has two girls on the team that plays AAU basketball and they are a sophomore and a junior. She is bringing the love of basketball to a place where softball has been the primary sport for a long time! Tracy Cloninger would definitely get my vote for coach of the year!!!

I will second that motion

Looks like SH got a good draw. I realize you have to be able to beat everyone to win it all, but I'd say they got the easiest possible draw to get to the championship. On the contrary, I'd say ME got the worst possible draw. Good luck to both.

I dont think Clarkville 36 0 is a good draw I do belive they got the best 1st round draw

ME had a very good year and they have a good coach. But with 4 seniors and 1 junior starting they were one of the most experienced teams in all of East Tenn. They would have had a subpar year if they had won less than 20 games. Sevier and MW both almost beat ME with mainly freshmen and sophmores. And South Greene did beat them. Every game East played against what would be considered top competition, they lost by a ton.... SH, Mt. Juliet and Bradley Central. Tracy for IMAC coach of the year but not regional coach of the year. That goes to SH.

Morristown East needs to be proud of how well they played today. Losing to a great Memphis team by only three points is heart breaking. IMO, the girls played hard and with heart, and their coach had a good game plan. Considering that several people had predicted that they would be run out of the gym, they played great. Be proud! East may be one of those upcoming power houses of the future in our area.

Hoping that Science Hill will be in the W column tomorrow!