District 5-AAA

FBFan2001

1. Ooltewah - Lots of talent returning should walk through district.

2. Bradley - QB alone puts them in this spot

3. Soddy - Only lost 5 starters. One was Edwards but experience should make them better.

4. Cleveland - Very little experience at QB but they have the best WR in the district should help makeup for lack of experience at QB.

5. Mcminn - New RB will help but QB is very weak.

6. Rhea - Will be better maybe 2 wins this year.

7. Walker Valley - Will not win a game Ryan is not the answer.

CLEVELAND WILL BE TONS BETTER THAN MOST THINK.CRAWFORD CAN COACH. BETTER GET CLEVELAND IN 2012. DO NOT COUNT OUT THE CHEROKEES. CAGLE WILL RUN MORE WITH TWO VERY FOOD RUNNING BACKS. DEFENSE IS WELL COACHED. IS OOLTEWAH REALLY THAT GOOD? SODDY IS ALWAYS SOFT AGAINST PHYSICAL FOOTBALL TEAMS. BRADLEY WILL BE TOUGH DURING THE REGULAR SEASON BUT FADE COME PLAYOFF TIME.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLEVELAND WILL BE TONS BETTER THAN MOST THINK.CRAWFORD CAN COACH. BETTER GET CLEVELAND IN 2012. DO NOT COUNT OUT THE CHEROKEES. CAGLE WILL RUN MORE WITH TWO VERY FOOD RUNNING BACKS. DEFENSE IS WELL COACHED. IS OOLTEWAH REALLY THAT GOOD? SODDY IS ALWAYS SOFT AGAINST PHYSICAL FOOTBALL TEAMS. BRADLEY WILL BE TOUGH DURING THE REGULAR SEASON BUT FADE COME PLAYOFF TIME.

I agree with Cleveland being alot better saw thier next qb workout a couple months ago several times strong arm around 6'2 pretty fast most of his good recievers will be back and running backs should be good. O line is the ? how good they are determines thier success. Mcminn is loaded on o but need a qb that can get the ball to all those backs, I just dont see Bradley replacing all those atheletes and copeland will need help he is good but some of the sophs they are high on who had such sucess in middle school and freshman then jv will be jrs and move into starting roles . I just dont see them having that same kind of score from anywhere players they had the last three yrs. just my guess. Yes unless they leave Owls have some players that could be real good, we will see if they can get the coaching (by that I mean guidance not X and O)then need. Depth and injuries only thing I dont see anyone in the district can overcome.

Edited by anotherback

• 2 weeks later...

Cleveland's early schedule is tough, but they will learn from it and finish strong. McMinn and Ooltewah look to be the other contenders. Bradley will have good defense but will struggle to score against good teams.

Cleveland's early schedule is tough, but they will learn from it and finish strong. McMinn and Ooltewah look to be the other contenders. Bradley will have good defense but will struggle to score against good teams.

I tend to agree. I don't think Bradley wins as many shootouts. They will win some close games tho.

I don't know if I'd call them soft but Soddy's spring opponent from a smaller class, Sequatchie, had some success running the ball against them. That's a scrimmage of course, not a real game, and who knows if Soddy was missing people due to spring sports or any other reason. Sequatchie is replacing most of its skill players, I don't think any of the players who ran the ball in the scrimmage had more than 50 yards last fall and they still did reasonably well. The passing game was also effective. This doesn't mean they won't have a good defense this fall, just observations from a scrimmage against a smaller class team after that soft adjective was used.

Edited by Indian

Well, Monday is 53 days ubtil the star of the season and end of the summer no contact period. Teaching and practice begins to take on the urgency of an approaching season.

7 on 7 scrimmages will be taking place next Saturday with Bradley and Cleveland appearing to h ead for the Signal Mountain yourny next Saturday. Interesting development in that Soddy Daisy will be going to one at Finley after the issues of last year at Signal Mountain.

Well, Monday is 53 days ubtil the star of the season and end of the summer no contact period. Teaching and practice begins to take on the urgency of an approaching season.

7 on 7 scrimmages will be taking place next Saturday with Bradley and Cleveland appearing to h ead for the Signal Mountain yourny next Saturday. Interesting development in that Soddy Daisy will be going to one at Finley after the issues of last year at Signal Mountain.

yes...interesting

yes...interesting

What is interesting is that Soddy Daisy principal will not let them go to any 7 on 7 where Signal Mountain is but the Signal Mountain administration will allow them to go anywhere and the Signal Mountain parents were the ones that got involved in the fight last year, but maybe that will change now that they had to take one of our assistant principals to try to straighten that place out.

• 1 month later...

1. Ooltewah - Lots of talent returning should walk through district.

2. Bradley - QB alone puts them in this spot

3. Soddy - Only lost 5 starters. One was Edwards but experience should make them better.

4. Cleveland - Very little experience at QB but they have the best WR in the district should help makeup for lack of experience at QB.

5. Mcminn - New RB will help but QB is very weak.

6. Rhea - Will be better maybe 2 wins this year.

7. Walker Valley - Will not win a game Ryan is not the answer.

Bump