Soddy Daisy Top 50 ?

Rabbitt

If CBHS is ranked 31 in the nation, why is Soddy Daisy not ranked in the top 50. The way I look at it, Soddy Daisy should be ranked 30 or 32. Lets look at what the Trojans have done this year....record 26-2

They have two loses...One to #31 CBHS 34-27. They also beat CBHS the day before 33-25. and a loss to #6 Brandon 45-24. Not saying that they could have beat Brandon, but they could have won two more matches against them. They bumped Campbell and Turbo up trying to win the dual and they both lost. If they both would have wrestled their weights, more than likely they both would have won. Also State champion Jacob Stevens did not wrestle that duel.

Look at some of the wins...

#31 CBHS

Father Ryan

Cleveland

Baylor

Bradley

#1 ranked 4a Georgia Pope

#1 ranked 3a Georgia Heritage

#1 ranked Alabama Thompson

Do the coaches have to send in info on the team each week, or do they have experts that do the rankings know whats going on everywhere? just my opinion on the rankings.

If CBHS is ranked 31 in the nation, why is Soddy Daisy not ranked in the top 50. The way I look at it, Soddy Daisy should be ranked 30 or 32. Lets look at what the Trojans have done this year....record 26-2

They have two loses...One to #31 CBHS 34-27. They also beat CBHS the day before 33-25. and a loss to #6 Brandon 45-24. Not saying that they could have beat Brandon, but they could have won two more matches against them. They bumped Campbell and Turbo up trying to win the dual and they both lost. If they both would have wrestled their weights, more than likely they both would have won. Also State champion Jacob Stevens did not wrestle that duel.

#31 CBHS

Father Ryan

Cleveland

Baylor

Bradley

Do the coaches have to send in info on the team each week, or do they have experts that do the rankings know whats going on everywhere? just my opinion on the rankings.

Could not agree more! If CBHS is #31,,,Soddy should be top 40

Lets not forget,,,Soddy beat CBHS,,,the next day beat Father Ryan then Pope back-to-back only to lose a close match to CBHS. CBHS has an amazing team this year and they deserve everything thats been said positive about them/ top rankings ,,,but Soddy is right there with them and on any given day could still beat them,,, especially if CBHS had to go through FR then Pope with no break to get to Soddy.

CC,,,sends...

Lets not forget,,,Soddy beat CBHS,,,the next day beat Father Ryan then Pope back-to-back only to lose a close match to CBHS. CBHS has an amazing team this year and they deserve everything thats been said positive about them/ top rankings ,,,but Soddy is right there with them and on any given day could still beat them,,, especially if CBHS had to go through FR then Pope with no break to get to Soddy.

CC,,,sends...

wish they both were ranked, and hopefully one day here really soon we will see several TN teams in the top 50.

Very good team, but it would help if they had won a match up with a team outside of TN that is ranked in the Top 50. Rankings are never going to favor TN and it is going to require travel in order to get put on the map. It would also help if Soddy had individuals ranked by Intermat, as part of their team ranking process is based on how many individual kids ranked. For what I hear the match with Brandon was not close, no matter what the final score was.

Very good team, but it would help if they had won a match up with a team outside of TN that is ranked in the Top 50. Rankings are never going to favor TN and it is going to require travel in order to get put on the map. It would also help if Soddy had individuals ranked by Intermat, as part of their team ranking process is based on how many individual kids ranked. For what I hear the match with Brandon was not close, no matter what the final score was.

Two points well taken,,,maybe in the near future we can manage both of those things.? Next year will be exciting for sure!

CC,,,sends...

With Soddy By Godddd being a public school and not one of those silver spoon fed learning instittutions, perhaps their budget won't allow them to travel to NATIONAL tournaments.

As far as not having ranked kids,,whoptee friigen doooo. How did that ranking do to help one of your all Americans against a kid who hasn't even won a State Championship yet? Not so good !!!

You guys out west have a nice team, but don't let the fact that if TBSFBAG had all their players, you guys aren't even the best in the JV div.

Bcb iii :flower:

Ps SBG beats y'all 8 out of 10 times and would 10 out of 10 but coach Henry would be afraid y'all wouldn't rassle them any more

With Soddy By Godddd being a public school and not one of those silver spoon fed learning instittutions, perhaps their budget won't allow them to travel to NATIONAL tournaments.

As far as not having ranked kids,,whoptee friigen doooo. How did that ranking do to help one of your all Americans against a kid who hasn't even won a State Championship yet? Not so good !!!

You guys out west have a nice team, but don't let the fact that if TBSFBAG had all their players, you guys aren't even the best in the JV div.

Bcb iii :flower:

Ps SBG beats y'all 8 out of 10 times and would 10 out of 10 but coach Henry would be afraid y'all wouldn't rassle them any more

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today

CC,,,sends...

Still not a true SBG er. This guy says that you got your butts kicked by Brandon and you say, golly gee wheez, your right!

What happened to the guy that was going to whup that short fat ASSt coach?

Sorry for being so hard on you, but...Come on man

Bcb iii ... :flower: sends...

#31 CBHS

Father Ryan

Cleveland

Baylor

Bradley

Let me see if I can shed some light on how the national rankers think. I send in information for all TN wrestlers and teams that merit looking at for the national rankings to most all of the ranking services. I also spend some effort on compiling the relevant information for some of the SE portion of the US when I see it. Because the rankers trust me to give an honest and unbiased opinion when it is needed I have to report the good and the bad for our teams and individuals. I have even had to report things that have kept our wrestlers out of the rankings because they have taken losses they perhaps shouldn't have.

Of course, all of that just goes to say I have had conversation with some of the rankers regarding many teams, one of which includes Soddy Daisy. There is one simple fact that keeps Soddy from a serious look; they don't have a clear-cut, significant win this season over a ranked team. Now many of you will want to put out the win over CBHS. There are two issues there, 1) they have split with CBHS and 2) CBHS was not ranked at the time. A split with another team is rarely going to move any up or into the rankings in the eyes of the rankers, particularly if the team in question lost the last match. The fact that CBHS was not ranked at the time seems like a small issue that shouldn't matter but it made the win much less important at the time. When you combine that with the fact that Soddy doesn't have another key win it hurts their chances.

For CBHS to even get a look at the rankings took a 6th place performance at the Kansas City Classic where they finished ahead of two teams that were in the top 50 rankings at the time (one of which still is). After the tournament they were still ranked below one of the teams they finished ahead of because they couldn't climb too high given only one solid performance. The thing that really helped CBHS climb the rankings was an extremely solid 35-19 win over Blue Springs, MO who was ranked higher and had finished 3rd and nearly 70 points ahead of CBHS at the Kansas City Classic. That helped show that CBHS could compete in a duals format along with the individual format. CBHS added to their justification with a 2nd place finish at the Granite City Holiday tournament finishing behind nationally ranked Oak Park River Forest, IL and ahead of several other top IL teams.

Now what does all that mean? It just shows that in order to make your way into the rankings if you aren't one of the traditional powers, it will take a solid resume with multiple strong performances and wins over other nationally ranked teams. That is what Soddy Daisy is really missing at this stage. Now all of that said, I believe that Soddy Daisy could compete and possibly defeat some of the teams in the bottom portion of the rankings but they just don't have the resume or big competitions to put themselves in there. Soddy has wins over the top TN teams (not typically enough to get you noticed nationally) and over a couple of highly ranked GA and AL teams. Beating a top AL or GA team isn't going to get you much national credit unless it is over Collins Hill who had previously proven their ability at the national rankings. Even Camden Co, GA went through similar issues as they had to prove at several top events that they could get by Collins Hill and a few other national level teams.

Hope that helps shed some light on how things are looked at and answered some of the questions.

Still not a true SBG er. This guy says that you got your butts kicked by Brandon and you say, golly gee wheez, your right!

What happened to the guy that was going to whup that short fat ASSt coach?

Sorry for being so hard on you, but...Come on man

Bcb iii ... :flower: sends...

We don't match up well with Brandon,,,nor would 99.9% of the country (ghouse can do the actual math),,,and since I wasn't born in SBG; have no kin folk in SBG; didn't marry into the SBG family; or marry someone in my own family,,,its a moot point! I like a good fight BCB,,,,but I like to fight 'the good fight',,,can't win the two battles you speak of...

Hope to see you in Franklin Fri-Sat,,,if we go to jail I have the Grumpy hook-up,,,first cold drink is on me!

CC,,,sends... :flower:

Edited by CupCake