District 12A Tournament

theGURU

I think it would be better for Summertown to lose tonight. They've shown that they are capable of going into Mt. Pleasant and winning there. Also, they are known to play their best basketball in that gym. Also, assuming Perry Co. wins tonight, they wouldn't have to face them until the finals. While nobody in the region will be a walk over, I think Summertown would rather play Wayne Co. than Perry. Co.

On another note, is it really fair to have a ref officiating games that determine who his child will play? One of the officials in the district 12 tournament has both a son and daughter playing in district 11. I'm not saying he has done anything wrong, but he does have a part in making a call that could make the game go one way or the other and determine who his kid will play. There are a whole lot of referees that could have officiated the tournament without getting someone that actually has a child invested. Just my opinion though.

I think it would be better for Summertown to lose tonight. They've shown that they are capable of going into Mt. Pleasant and winning there. Also, they are known to play their best basketball in that gym. Also, assuming Perry Co. wins tonight, they wouldn't have to face them until the finals. While nobody in the region will be a walk over, I think Summertown would rather play Wayne Co. than Perry. Co.

On another note, is it really fair to have a ref officiating games that determine who his child will play? One of the officials in the district 12 tournament has both a son and daughter playing in district 11. I'm not saying he has done anything wrong, but he does have a part in making a call that could make the game go one way or the other and determine who his kid will play. There are a whole lot of referees that could have officiated the tournament without getting someone that actually has a child invested. Just my opinion though.

You could be onto something about Summertown, however, I wouldnt think they would want to see a Wayne Co team that has beaten them twice at Waynesboro already and have to play them again on their home court.

You could be onto something about Summertown, however, I wouldnt think they would want to see a Wayne Co team that has beaten them twice at Waynesboro already and have to play them again on their home court.

Would you rather play Perry Co. though? I think Wayne Co. on their home court is still a better matchup for Summertown than Perry Co. on a neutral court.

Would you rather play Perry Co. though? I think Wayne Co. on their home court is still a better matchup for Summertown than Perry Co. on a neutral court.

Summertown could trash this game and then Wayne County upset PC and Stown would be back to same spot. Gotta try to win and make every team play their best. What would be awesome is that WC upset PC and PC end up in the bracket with MTP.

Summertown could trash this game and then Wayne County upset PC and Stown would be back to same spot. Gotta try to win and make every team play their best. What would be awesome is that WC upset PC and PC end up in the bracket with MTP.

We both know that won't happen. But if it did we would beat mTp when the time came.

We both know that won't happen. But if it did we would beat mTp when the time came.

You're probably right but that's why we play the games. If we go by rankings then you all get a silver ball not a gold one. I'm sure PC wants a shot at the gold ball. If WC can't have it then I hope someone from our district can. Wouldn't it be nice for our district to pull in a boy's & girl's gold ball to go with a Gold Football this year

Edited by WCHSGRAD

Yeah trying to lose this game or that game or whatever, is really risky. How about this instead....win every game and don't worry about losing for better seeding, if S'town is good enough than don't worry bout meeting PC or however, and this goes for every team that's playing in the tournament.

No argument - win 'em all if you can, but I wouldn't think twice about getting the matchup I wanted for the semifinal round.

Fun history lesson. My senior year (89), close to this exact scenario played out - WC beat us (PC) in the District Final (not an upset, they won regular season), with Clifton 3rd and S'town 4th. We were in the Regional bracket with MTP. Not afraid of them, but not too excited about it either. Then all 4 Dist 12 teams swept and we ended up playing S'Town in the semis and WC again in the finals, an 84-77 PC win.

The good old days.