Upsets at the State Duals

Wrestler4444

According to TSSAA website;

126 Edward Davila (Blackman) pinned; Ezra Taylor (Cleveland) 4:26 (Ranked 3rd)

138 Dedrick Mays (Cordova) majored; Caleb Little (Independence)15-5 (Ranked 5th)

160 Derrick Tucker (Germantown) Dec.; Hayden Jordan (Clarksville) 8-2 (Previous rank 5th @ 152)

160 Jose Rosas (Knoxville West) Pinned; Kegan Matlock (Heritage) 3:00 (Ranked 1st @ 152)

195 Truman Martin (Chattanooga Central) Pinned; Cody Davis (Pigeon Forge) 2:49 (Ranked 1st)

220 John Kramer (Wilson Central) Dec; Billy Swanson (Soddy Daisy) 12-6 (Ranked 2nd)

What are your guys opions on how this will effect the state rankings?

(and if you have any more upsets please post)

Some of those are incorrect. Cody Davis won the central match with a pin. I was standing about 30 ft away at the time so of this I am sure. The Blackman kid was getting beat by Taylor and caught him making a freshman mistake and pinned him. Taylor wins that match 9out of 10 times IMHO. Hayden Jordan did not look 100 percent to me this weekend with his knee brace and he ended up with his arm in a sling after the SH match.

Kramer did convincingly win over Swanson, no doubt on that one. I did not see the others you mentioned.

Edited by StarRaider

Some of those are incorrect. Cody Davis won the central match with a pin. I was standing about 30 ft away at the time so of this I am sure. The Blackman kid was getting beat by Taylor and caught him making a freshman mistake and pinned him. Taylor wins that match 9out of 10 times IMHO. Hayden Jordan did not look 100 percent to me this weekend with his knee brace and he ended up with his arm in a sling after the SH match.

Kramer did convincingly win over Swanson, no doubt on that one. I did not see the others you mentioned.

Thanks raider i was not able to attend this weekend and i just saw those results on the website, guess i should have tried and cleared those before i posted them.

No problem, there were some big upsets. Kramer is the best Freshman upper weight out of Region V since Scottie Boykin a couple of years ago.

I am positive Cody won though, because the temper tantrum that the "C" 195 threw after he lost cost his team a point, and made it 18-18 instead of 19-18 Central.

I was surprised that pigeon forge even made it into the finals i bet that semi-final match with Hixson was one of the biggest matches of the weekend.

The Blackman kid was getting beat by Taylor and caught him making a freshman mistake and pinned him. Taylor wins that match 9out of 10 times IMHO. Hayden Jordan did not look 100 percent to me this weekend with his knee brace and he ended up with his arm in a sling after the SH match.

AGREED ON Kremer & Hayden making a Courageous Comeback,,, :)

AMAZING FRESHMAN IN EZRA TAYLOR & TO THINK ONLY TWO YEARS WRESTLING?!?!? BUT WHERE'S YOUR REGION FIVE LOYALTIES to a fine young man in OUR area? At least we put some points on the dang board, Starman! (a win's a win... rub salt in the wounds here why don't ya), that was a nice 3rd period Peterson to a pin, you must admit, right!?!? Don't tarnish that!

You guys go wrestle these studs!!!!! SERIUOSLY,,, What's the outcome, IYHO?

Congrats to Region 4!!! AND YOUR FUTURE!

5 is working in it. Maybe the draw may be a little different next year or two?

According to TSSAA website;

126 Edward Davila (Blackman) pinned; Ezra Taylor (Cleveland) 4:26 (Ranked 3rd)

138 Dedrick Mays (Cordova) majored; Caleb Little (Independence)15-5 (Ranked 5th)

160 Derrick Tucker (Germantown) Dec.; Hayden Jordan (Clarksville) 8-2 (Previous rank 5th @ 152)

160 Jose Rosas (Knoxville West) Pinned; Kegan Matlock (Heritage) 3:00 (Ranked 1st @ 152)

195 Truman Martin (Chattanooga Central) Pinned; Cody Davis (Pigeon Forge) 2:49 (Ranked 1st)

220 John Kramer (Wilson Central) Dec; Billy Swanson (Soddy Daisy) 12-6 (Ranked 2nd)

What are your guys opions on how this will effect the state rankings?

(and if you have any more upsets please post)

Matlock (Heritage) actually won vs. Knox West... Cody Davis (Pigeon Forge) also won.