District 9AAA 2012

Time to get it started guys.. Distict 9AAA seems to produce a state contender every year, and this year should be no exception. Last year, Mt. Juliet and Gallatin were the class of the district, with Mt. Juliet making a deep run to the 6A Semi-Finals led by an experienced squad, while Gallatin's playoff woes continued against Hendersonville, who made another deep playoff run, falling to the eventual state champion in the Semi-finals.

Beech and SCHS made big strides last year, with a young and very talented Beech squad falling to cross-town rival HHS in the Quarters and a young SC squad making a trip to the the 2nd Round.

This year things look to be different. Mt. Juliet should still be one of the better teams in the district, but is losing too many players to compete for the top spot. The Gallatin Green Wave loses a ton as well, and will be implementing a new system under a new coach. Even the biggest Green Wave fans will agree that this is a transition year at the Wave Yard.

The top team in this district will more than likely come from the city of Hendersonville, with Beech returning nearly all of their players that fell in the 3rd round to a Hendersonville squad that brings back a good number guys in the trenches. Station Camp could be a dark-horse here with everyone that they return, but the jury is still out on their coaching staff.

What are your predictions for this season? Im going with:

1) HHS/Beech*

2)

3) Mt. Juliet

4) Station Camp

5) Gallatin

6) Wilson Central

7) Lebanon

8) Portland

*-The winner of HHS @ Beech match-up could be the difference maker in this district. Both teams return a lot of players.. The Bucs will have Hville at home which is often the difference in this rivalry, while HHS will be wanting to extend their streak to 4 straight over the Bucs.. This will be the district's marquee match-up.

Dark horse, young talent, whatever you wanna throw out there; I don't see any scenario where Station Camp finishes ahead of Gallatin. They usually make a good showing the first couple of weeks of the season and stay the same or decline throughout the year. They had every opportunity to beat Gallatin, Beech, and Hendersonville last year, but didn't have the coaching to do it. Otherwise, I'd say that's a pretty good start to a preseason ranking.

Alright, here we go:

1. MJ

2. BHS

3. HHS

4. SCHS

5. GHS

6. LHS

7. WCHS

8. PHS

MJ was by far the superior team in this district last year. Even with losing players they are still going to be tough. HHS and BHS could go either way, but I do agree with insanlylargebarge that SCHS could make a run this year. Regardless of their coaching staff they are loaded with talent and will more than likely have a monster at QB. GHS is not going to be the biggest but could win several games off of hard work and extra effort, its a scrappy little bunch.

Can we get off the coaching staff at SCHS please. They won 1 game two seasons ago and came back to win 6 this past season. They were in every game and a few plays away from 7 or 8 wins. Yes, they haven't had a great showing in AAA but they are getting better. SCHS has loads of talent and will be dangerous this year. With Malone at WR and the big Anderton kid at QB, they'll be fun to watch. Looking forward to a great season.

i think so gwave... you'd think he would be spending his free time not to post on high school message boards, but to work on penetrating the lane. dude needs some practice. dont get me wrong, he is a great shooter... but come on jenkins, be more athletic for goodness sake. btw, is everyone simply overlooking the fact that crabtree obviously doesnt want to be at beech anymore? yet, many ppl are putting them at the top of the district. i just dont see it. team chemistry will be an issue this year for the bucs.

Can we get off the coaching staff at SCHS please. They won 1 game two seasons ago and came back to win 6 this past season. They were in every game and a few plays away from 7 or 8 wins. Yes, they haven't had a great showing in AAA but they are getting better. SCHS has loads of talent and will be dangerous this year. With Malone at WR and the big Anderton kid at QB, they'll be fun to watch. Looking forward to a great season.

Is this the staff that someone noted last year has the middle school coach of the year on it?

I sure wish I could play like John Jenkins but believe me, I am not him. I am a Sumner County HS football supporter who loves high school football. I do believe that the Bison have a chance to be really special this year so we'll see. Yes, the do have Cook, the Sumner County basketball coach of the year from a year ago. He coach's the WR and assists Coach Hollinsworth with the DBs. He also assists the freshmen, JV, and varsity basketball teams. If I recall correctly, the post said the Cook is a hard worker and is great with the kids. I know that if I were a head coach, I'd want a young, hard working coach on my staff.

i think so gwave... you'd think he would be spending his free time not to post on high school message boards, but to work on penetrating the lane. dude needs some practice. dont get me wrong, he is a great shooter... but come on jenkins, be more athletic for goodness sake. btw, is everyone simply overlooking the fact that crabtree obviously doesnt want to be at beech anymore? yet, many ppl are putting them at the top of the district. i just dont see it. team chemistry will be an issue this year for the bucs.

Exactly where is this coming from? Any coach, at any level, that's worth his salt is always looking for new challenges. Just because a coach applies for a job doesn't mean he's wanting to leave his present situation. If that were the case, every coach would stay where their at and never leave. Crabtree has applied for other jobs in the past and didn't get them. I can't recall which particular job was open, but when he lived in Dickson, he applied for that job because it was closer to home. That was before Beech won the state. He lives closer to GHS than he does Beech. Even though the mileage is not as great as when he commuted from Dickson, it's still closer to home and a challenge. The challenge of being the head coach that brings a gold ball back to Gallatin. In your theory, if Creasy doesn't get the job, should Trousdale County be worried that they have a coach that applied for another job and is looking to leave? I don't think so.

IMHO, I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill and trying to create drama where there is none.

Edited by sportsobserver

to my knowledge, creasy didnt apply for the westmoreland job... crabtree did, as well as several other jobs. you cant say with a straight face that there arent problems happening/going to happen at beech. its pretty evident that he wants out.

I stand by my post. I don't know about the situation with the Westmoreland job, but could be understandable since the principal there came from Beech via Portland West and his son is an assistant coach at Beech. I still believe you're reading too much into it. However, you're going to believe what you want and I can't change your mind.

to my knowledge, creasy didnt apply for the westmoreland job... crabtree did, as well as several other jobs. you cant say with a straight face that there arent problems happening/going to happen at beech. its pretty evident that he wants out.

I am no insider, but it just sounds like wishful thinking on your part. Coaches apply for other jobs all the time. And even if he does want out, it doesn't mean there are bad things happening at Beech. When Joe Gaddis left Henry County, that was one of the questions people around here asked. Was the talent pool dried up? Were things not working here like he wanted? Among other thins of that nature. He squashed all those rumors before he left to take a coaching job in North Carolina, and we ended up winning a state championship 2 years later. When a coach leaves, or applies for another job, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be under bad circumstances.