state tournament at the ag center

russian

i think a lot of people are missing the main advantage of the state individual tournament being held at the williamson county ag center!! That reason is for the young men that wrestle,being able to wrestle as close to a true double elimination state tournament as possible. The sport is for the high school wrestlers,not the parents. Parents of past graduates would have jumped at the chance for their young men to wrestle a double elimination state tournament! So instead of complaning everyone should think of the opportunities for these wrestlers. thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think a lot of people are missing the main advantage of the state individual tournament being held at the williamson county ag center!! That reason is for the young men that wrestle,being able to wrestle as close to a true double elimination state tournament as possible. The sport is for the high school wrestlers,not the parents. Parents of past graduates would have jumped at the chance for their young men to wrestle a double elimination state tournament! So instead of complaning everyone should think of the opportunities for these wrestlers. thanks

I thought is was because of $10.00 hot dogs....

So, by your reasoning, a TRIPLE elimination tournament in an open cow field would be even better? Or maybe a QUADRUPLE elimination tournament, but it's held in a swamp!. Or maybe,....... nevermind.

So, by your reasoning, a TRIPLE elimination tournament in an open cow field would be even better? Or maybe a QUADRUPLE elimination tournament, but it's held in a swamp!. Or maybe,....... nevermind.

I'm for it being in Chattanooga as well, but this might be the worst argument I've ever seen on here... aside from the scottmike stuff of course

I'm for it being in Chattanooga as well, but this might be the worst argument I've ever seen on here... aside from the scottmike stuff of course

Chattanooga was the worst place for it. Is it fair for the West Tennessee Kids to have to drive that far to wrestle. The answer is NO it's not. Having it in Middle Tennessee gives most the state the same travel distance. If Chattanooga wants it back so bad why don't they change the way they were running it like the Williamson Co. did. Chattanogga you can not have your cake and eat it to.

I agree with all three points; however. the more I think about it,,,I'm okay with the Pig Palace now. It's as central as you can get (I don't like the 'F' word, but it is Fair,,,and I really love bringing in whatever foods and drinks you need (which is so important to our wrestlers.) In general, its not as good a venue, but they more than make up for it in all other areas. Bottom-line,,,you take UTC venue with Pig Palace rules and we have a near perfect scenario. Maybe one day the hand full of folks that could make that happen will,,,but I won't be gargling peanut butter while doing a hand-stand,, until they do.

Mr Mike? or Mr Scott Mike? Kinda like Ricky Bobby,,,so Mr Bobby,,,You complete this board,,,,,just saying,,,you had me at Wise

CC,,,sends...

Chattanooga was the worst place for it. Is it fair for the West Tennessee Kids to have to drive that far to wrestle. The answer is NO it's not. Having it in Middle Tennessee gives most the state the same travel distance. If Chattanooga wants it back so bad why don't they change the way they were running it like the Williamson Co. did. Chattanogga you can not have your cake and eat it to.

wasch' mir den Pelz, aber mach mich nicht naß!

Mr. Wise one :flower:

I agree with all three points; however. the more I think about it,,,I'm okay with the Pig Palace now. It's as central as you can get (I don't like the 'F' word, but it is Fair,,,and I really love bringing in whatever foods and drinks you need (which is so important to our wrestlers.) In general, its not as good a venue, but they more than make up for it in all other areas. Bottom-line,,,you take UTC venue with Pig Palace rules and we have a near perfect scenario. Maybe one day the hand full of folks that could make that happen will,,,but I won't be gargling peanut butter while doing a hand-stand,, until they do.

Mr Mike? or Mr Scott Mike? Kinda like Ricky Bobby,,,so Mr Bobby,,,You complete this board,,,,,just saying,,,you had me at Wise

CC,,,sends...

Just call me what everyone else here does, Mr. Wise one

Mr. Wise one :flower: