State brackets out

StarRaider

Who is in charge and or who can change the way D1 seeds for state? 138 is a gross repeat of 130 last year where we will not see the two best kids in the finals, period. Well whomever thinks not using real time head-to-head to seed for state is retarded! Some of these brackets are almost funny they are so wrong. Thats all I have for now!

CC,,,sends...

Edited by CupCake

Who is in charge and or who can change the way D1 seeds for state? 138 is a gross repeat of 130 last year where we will not see the two best kids in the finals, period. Well whomever thinks not using real time head-to-head to seeding for state is retarded! Some of these brackets are almost funny they are so wrong. Thats all I have for now!

CC,,,sends...

I've only glanced at these but noticed in the 220 class there are 2 of the 3 returning state medalists potentially meeting in the second match. I guess TSSAA views seeding a tournament the same way the rest of us view splitting atoms. Something to be avoided.

It has always been my understanding that you had to be a previous medalist to be seeded. At 106 there are only 2 guys that are medalists and they have them both in the top half of the bracket. Can anyone explain this to me?

The criteria was posted in another thread here but in DI you must be a returning medalist and be a region champion in the current year in order to be separated.

Edited by ghouse

Agree with that, but 145 wasn't done this way nor was 120, I don't believe.

I haven't checked all the results but in those two weights both Jacob Stevens and Turbo Smith lost in their region finals making them non-seedable. So I don't see any issue with those two.

Which wrestlers did you feel weren't drawn in properly?

Coach Adams - @145 there is only one separation since the R4 champ Mullins has not medal'd in the past two years. The other two R4 second (Smith) and third (Fordham) have to be opposite Mullins since they separate region medalists (1st and 4th on the same side, 2nd and 3rd on the opposite).

Not saying this is the best way but it is the way the criteria is drawn up. Stinks for Hamilton because he has to go through a murderer's row on the top.

Separation criteria

Wrestlers who meet the qualification shall be placed in each weight division in the state tournament. In order to be placed, a wrestler must be a regional champion and must have been a state place finisher during his high school career. The criteria for placing shall be as follows:

1. Separate all state champions (includes state champions from other states).

2. The following criteria shall be used to separate state champions: (a) state champion at same weight, (state champion at higher weight, © state champion at lower weight. (If there are two state champions at the same weight the state champion from Tennessee will receive the higher seed.)

3. Follow the same procedure as #2 above for 2nd place from previous year, 3rd place from previous year, …

4. Items #2 and #3 shall be applied in order to wrestlers who placed in the state tournament two years prior.

5. Blind draw.

Edited by StarRaider

The criteria was posted in another thread here but in DI you must be a returning medalist and be a region champion in the current year in order to be separated.

Yea, I didn't check region results before post. Since the bracket had a M (returning medalist) by both names, I assumed a returning medalist won his region, but I see one of them finished 3rd.

Coach Adams - @145 there is only one separation since the R4 champ Mullins has not medal'd in the past two years. The other two R4 second (Smith) and third (Fordham) have to be opposite Mullins since they separate region medalists (1st and 4th on the same side, 2nd and 3rd on the opposite).

Not saying this is the best way but it is the way the criteria is drawn up. Stinks for Hamilton because he has to go through a murderer's row on the top.

Separation criteria

Wrestlers who meet the qualification shall be placed in each weight division in the state tournament. In order to be placed, a wrestler must be a regional champion and must have been a state place finisher during his high school career. The criteria for placing shall be as follows:

1. Separate all state champions (includes state champions from other states).

2. The following criteria shall be used to separate state champions: (a) state champion at same weight, (state champion at higher weight, © state champion at lower weight. (If there are two state champions at the same weight the state champion from Tennessee will receive the higher seed.)

3. Follow the same procedure as #2 above for 2nd place from previous year, 3rd place from previous year, …

4. Items #2 and #3 shall be applied in order to wrestlers who placed in the state tournament two years prior.

5. Blind draw.

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. Just thought that since Mullins won his region and he's a returning state medalist, although it wasn't 2 yrs ago, he would have gotten the 2 seed.

Good luck to all your guys this weekend! Looked good this past weekend.