Serious Question

ballover

Me and my wife had a baby boy bout a year ago today, and he starting to be able to walk and stuff. And I want my son to be the best sports player he can posibley be. So I just wondering, when is to soon to start his training. I bought him a basketball too for his birthday so maybe he'll get good at it soon. I been sittin him in front of ESPN and I think he really like Remember The Titans. Any advice apreciated.

Thanks, Mike

• Upvote 1

Me and my wife had a baby boy bout a year ago today, and he starting to be able to walk and stuff. And I want my son to be the best sports player he can posibley be. So I just wondering, when is to soon to start his training. I bought him a basketball too for his birthday so maybe he'll get good at it soon. I been sittin him in front of ESPN and I think he really like Remember The Titans. Any advice apreciated.

Thanks, Mike

You cant force your child to play sports, let alone like them...as a parent you have to allow them to develop their own interests and find what their talents are...at 1 year old you do not even know what their coordination will be like, heck, he may not even be able to walk and wear shoes at the same time. I know that is a bit facetious, but its true. Let him develop on his own.

You cant force your child to play sports, let alone like them...as a parent you have to allow them to develop their own interests and find what their talents are...at 1 year old you do not even know what their coordination will be like, heck, he may not even be able to walk and wear shoes at the same time. I know that is a bit facetious, but its true. Let him develop on his own.

I don't know if i agree with that though, wait till you see my boy he's built like Manute Bol already and he really likes Remember The Titans

I don't know if i agree with that though, wait till you see my boy he's built like Manute Bol already and he really likes Remember The Titans

He will probably end up being a ballet dancer so you might want to be saving up for those theater tickets - much more expensive that admission to games. And those tights are pretty expensive too.

It's never too early to start training your kids for sports. For instance, Todd Marinovich, who was trained from an early age and was an NFL sensation. Arguably would have been the greatest quarterback ever had it not been for drugs. So maybe start him on some daily exercises and make sure he takes his Flintstones vitamins and he will be tearing up the court in no time.

Athletics pays for education, Greg.

Only if they can get accepted to a good school. Academic money is a lot more than athletic money at most colleges. Look at the number of good high school athletes that never see a playing field/court in college. Make sure that he is educated enough to get the financial aid. My daughter was a 3 sport athlete in high school and got her $106,000 scholarship on academics. Just sayin........