region 1a

cosbybainen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhhh, nope! But Ive been wrong...once before! Both games will be a fight for sure

UH and unaka are worthy opponents for sure, but the best thing that could happen for all eternity is for the Landers and Dogs to play for all the prestige and championships. :hungry: The rivalry is just fierce and the fans just flock to see these two great programs battle it out. The chess match between coaches is fun to watch as well. I told someone the other night that Ned could take that Washburn team and in a years time have a 20 win season. There's nothing wrong with those kids. They have the tools, they just don't have the leadership. We're very blessed to have coaches like Carp and Ned. We have the best coaches and we have the best teams so I see it only fit for Hampton and Cloudland to once again represent region 1 in the sub-state.

UH and unaka are worthy opponents for sure, but the best thing that could happen for all eternity is for the Landers and Dogs to play for all the prestige and championships. :hungry: The rivalry is just fierce and the fans just flock to see these two great programs battle it out. The chess match between coaches is fun to watch as well. I told someone the other night that Ned could take that Washburn team and in a years time have a 20 win season. There's nothing wrong with those kids. They have the tools, they just don't have the leadership. We're very blessed to have coaches like Carp and Ned. We have the best coaches and we have the best teams so I see it only fit for Hampton and Cloudland to once again represent region 1 in the sub-state.

Its Duke vs UNC, just in another state...and on a high school level!

Doesn't get much better in this area than Hampton/Cloudland basketball :thumb:

Nope. Everyone still has to pack up and drive 45-70 minutes to Chuckey Doak. Region tourny locations are pre set by the TSSAA in two year intervals in a "cental" location to both Districts.

I sorta liked it when we played at Milligan. All that open space behind the goals kinda prepared your shooting for what was down the road. And make no mistake, it is different shooting wise(depth perception or something) when you get to the boro. I think that was a big help in preparing Unaka in '04.

I don't know if Unaka will have anything for Cloudland. They played a decent game Saturday, so they'll probably roll up and lay an egg tomorrow.

But I will go out on a limb and say I don't think Hampton will beat UH a third time. The Junior Bucs have been playing dang good basketball the past two games... God that almost hurt to say that :(