Region 4a

swanson71

you say tou have no players from out of state I don't know and I accept that but in previous years I know you have had and the rest of what I said is true and I have names that I will gladly send you so the mistake is on you, and I will not post a childs name on here but I'll mail them to you and if your private and Brentwood is private please explain the differance, both charge tuition, and all the rules apply to both and like I said I don't have a problem but when someone like you gets on here and disguises the truth and your supported by the church then I have a problem.

The rules have similarities. But because we CAN'T AFFORD to give scholarships, we aren't in the same Division as BA. Notice we CAN'T AFFORD to give scholarships...meaning we don't. True, anyone from any city, county, state or nation can choose to come to a private school. Pay the tuition, meet the other requirements and you're in. It doesn't mean we recruited them or did anything illegal, immoral or unethical. If you don't like the rules, you don't have to play. I wish we only had to compete against schools that were private. But contrary to popular opinion, we aren't rich like some schools. We have NO endowment, no deep pocket donors. We struggle to raise 10% of our operating budget annually to keep the doors open. We are more like a small county school than you realize. We have tremendous support from families. I don't even have a child playing HS basketball. And I support them by driving all over to watch them play. I'm not alone either. It really is obvious when we are criticized by people without all the facts.

Watertown really did turn out for their team last night. I was amazed. But those boys worked hard and deserved the fan support. Like most other teams around us, they usually don't have much good to say about FCS. But I was impressed at the "good luck" wishes and those who stuck around and cheered for us. Most fans are pretty polite, at least in person. It's easy to get on here anonymously and get chippy.

I agree, that was the best turnout I've ever seen for Watertown and they had a great student group, almost as good as Clarkrange. The program has come a long way from when Watertown was always an easy win...no longer though!