McGavock

Guest Smartguy

Guest Smartguy

A.J price,felton jones,ewing goodloe,deandre carter,chris reed,these players deserve respect because last they did things neva thought by people and i give most of that credit to aj price,felton jones,deandre carter these kids really can play wit the best and be betta.Plus Ewing goodloe and chris reed has enough talent to rip i player love for the game out of them last but not least Darnell Collins after this year i guarntee that this kid is named the best shooter in the State that i really think they are going to make something happen this year. Pleze tell me what do you think???????????

McGavock will be #2 in the district, will fold their tent and go home in the region semi finals. Lack of on court discipline and quality coaching will limit what should be an incredible team. Sorry guys, but look at the facts of the past 10 years. Same old story...great talent but as always it will be undeveloped potential.

Guest Smartguy

With McGavocks talent and the heart of those kids i dont think its just going to be dat simple with Deandre Carter leading the pack 12-AAA in for some long hard games from these kids and when its all said and done McGavock will have the win

[Edited by Smartguy on 10-20-02 8:29P]

the biggest hadnicap Mc will have is the coaching. Lack of discipline and lack of teaching the game will lead to their downfall. These guys are incredible players, but they lack the fundamentals of the game that provides a vicious combo. True contenders have talent, knowledge, discipline. Mc is lacking in 2. They will see those weaknesses in the Region. They will have a great regular season, but will fizzle fast.

I know the coach well and most of the players most of which play AAU together and some on other teams.I know this has been a tough group to keep on the court due to a variety of issues .A coach while responsible for their team can't guarantee individual effort and conduct on and off the court at all times.These players especially the juniors and seniors have benefitted from some good coaching if not from school then most have been to AAU nationals.I'm not knocking the raiders but its time for them to put up without the excuses of the coaching or whatever.They beat Stratford last year when most thought it couldn't be done.

Guest Smartguy

i think i was told at a game last year that these kids been playing together since they were all 10 and 11 now if that doesnt mean something than i dont know what does and lack of coachin staff i will agree but if they have been playing that long together all 5 of them i think that will take of for them 2 things that are missing because they know eah other games in and out right to left. Now u tell me one team that has 5 starters that been playing with each other for that long and have the talent that they have that will have a big part of how far they will go in the season

For years Mc has had tons of talent and has done nothing. When it happens season after season after season, there is only one place to look, the head man. The game has passed him by, he cant control kids on the court, and they dont care to play hard for him or the team. The attitude is all about individual plays. What can I do to make myself stand out. When five quality individuals are playing five quality team members, the "team" attitude players win almost every time. Mc out in the region semis