Can Whitwell Win Region 3A?

Jashawn

So the Tigers play Copper Basin tonight at home in the first round of the Regional tournament....

I haven't personally seen CB play this year so all I have to go on is what I know about Whitwell and what I see on CB's schedule results..... Just based on that I can definitely see Whitwell getting the win at home tonight.

How about the rest of the region though? Just looking over schedules and I dont see anyone that just really stands out as being dominant. Plus Whitwell has already beaten several of the teams on the bracket.

Just wanted some opinions from others.

If I looked at the scoreboard right, Whitwell's district swept including #4 Van Buren beating CSAS by about 20 points. I thought Whitwell would have been heavily favored over any of the opposite district's teams so that just makes it tougher they were swept. Marion over Silverdale, I didn't see that as an upset. I think that sets up Marion vs Whitwell, will be a game to go see, if the boys from here aren't playing the same night in White County.

Edited by Indian

Don't count out Van Buren against Marion just yet. They played well as CSAS last night. Anything can and usually does happen during tournament time. Agreed that Whitwell should win the region but like it was already mentioned, District 7 girls will be ALOT tougher when you meet them.

Not that but Marion and Whitwell will play Monday, while Van Buren and Sale Creek will play at CSAS

Whitwell beat Jasper for the 3rd time this year and will play Van Buren in the Championship game.

You can go ahead and crown Whitwell Region Champs! I know Van Buren moved an 8th grade point guard up for the Region tournament (which doesn't seem fair because every high school doesn't get that advantage) and she is now Van Buren best player. Scored 24 against CSAS and lead her team to victory in OT against Sale Creek. Anyways Halle Ware and whitwells team defense will be to good. Whitwell is peaking at the right time. I don't see her making up the 30 point losses Van Buren already have suffered during the regular season plus District Tournament.

Ohh and it is totally legal to play 8th graders if the school is k-12 combined and the Middle Season is over.

Edited by BIGBILLY2010