COSBY VS CLOUDLAND

cosbybainen

I like the way you think, don't hardly feel like a child , but my wife tells me I act like one sometimes. You remember watchin the girls play halfcourt! Not sayin your old or anything but.....lol.

Our girls should have a good run of a solid team for the next few seasons.

No problem to say I'm old, because I am at 61. I was born and raised in Cocke County (6th generation) but moved away from there in 1980. There's a Bald up there in the Smokies named after my great, great, great, great grandfather.

I always check scores for Cocke County High and Cosby High, and have even gone to Murfreesboro to watch the Cosby boys play in the state tournament a few times. Once a Cocke Countian, always a Cocke Countian!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole eagle, what do you think Cosby will have to do to have a chance to win? I don't know anything about your team. I know our team has a tendency to play to far off the perimeter. We've given up some 3 pointers in big games this year. No one has stopped our big girl this year and I don't think anyone can. She has bailed us out more than once. We shot 0 for 19 against Unaka, but her 29 pts and 20 rebounds offset the ranger guards slashing us to death. Our defense in the post is real good too with her and wilson in the game together.

Ole eagle, what do you think Cosby will have to do to have a chance to win? I don't know anything about your team. I know our team has a tendency to play to far off the perimeter. We've given up some 3 pointers in big games this year. No one has stopped our big girl this year and I don't think anyone can. She has bailed us out more than once. We shot 0 for 19 against Unaka, but her 29 pts and 20 rebounds offset the ranger guards slashing us to death. Our defense in the post is real good too with her and wilson in the game together.

We are very talented , but young in the post. We have a girl who can match up size wise but she just a soph. and likes to get in foul trouble. Cloudland will have a tough time matchin up with our guards. If we got hot from 3 we WILL beat you. If we play good "D" and stay outta foul trouble and just play our game we CAN beat you. We are still growin and improving each game. We start 3 juniors and 2 sophs. and first players of the bench are sophs and fresh. We will be good for quite some time! I hope and think both of these teams will end up in Murfreesboro!

Look for me tonight if you go. I'll be the good looking guy in the blue shirt! lol :roflolk:

We are very talented , but young in the post. We have a girl who can match up size wise but she just a soph. and likes to get in foul trouble. Cloudland will have a tough time matchin up with our guards. If we got hot from 3 we WILL beat you. If we play good "D" and stay outta foul trouble and just play our game we CAN beat you. We are still growin and improving each game. We start 3 juniors and 2 sophs. and first players of the bench are sophs and fresh. We will be good for quite some time! I hope and think both of these teams will end up in Murfreesboro!

Look for me tonight if you go. I'll be the good looking guy in the blue shirt! lol :roflolk:

:popcorneater:

:roflol::roflol: I'll be the ugly leprachaun looking dude with the Ireland tweed derby! :mrgreen:

Heck, ole eagle, anyone can be beat in basketball on any given night. We've been took to the wire by several teams that we've beat by 25 points in other games. I think this will be the best defensive team you all have faced this year. We generally don't let teams out of the 40's and we've held some good offensive teams in the 30's alot this year too. The girls play really good half court D. Sydney Miller is our quickest player. Our other guards are not as quick but they move good with their feet to cut off penetration. Cosby will find out how good they are after tonight. This is the best team you've faced so far.

Heck, ole eagle, anyone can be beat in basketball on any given night. We've been took to the wire by several teams that we've beat by 25 points in other games. I think this will be the best defensive team you all have faced this year. We generally don't let teams out of the 40's and we've held some good offensive teams in the 30's alot this year too. The girls play really good half court D. Sydney Miller is our quickest player. Our other guards are not as quick but they move good with their feet to cut off penetration. Cosby will find out how good they are after tonight. This is the best team you've faced so far.

Basketball is crazy! The main reason I like football better is because when 2 evenly matched teams play basketball more often than not the refs decide the outcome. It's harder to do that in football.

Leprechaun :lol: Your way to tall to be a leprechaun :lol:

Another thing is if Cloudland gets a big lead early, they don't let the other team back in the game like the other teams do around here. They are real good about keeping their foot on the gas. If Clarke, Miller, and Hughes start knocking down 3's and Rhodes and Wilson are rebounding, then thats hard to overcome. Rhodes ususally takes over in the second half. Other teams get tired and have to foul her when she gets the ball underneath.

I understand, I'm gonna go find the King Wed. night come say hi. We are better than everyone thinks. Cloudland was the team over there that I was really worried about though!

Boys, Id love to stand and watch the game with you all tonight, but i'll be at church (where SOME of my Lander pals said they were coming to visit not too long ago <_< ).

Maybe we'll all meet up at another game soon or while our teams are playing a lil football later :thumb:

If Cosby lets Cloudland take control early, it may very well be a loooong night

Boys, Id love to stand and watch the game with you all tonight, but i'll be at church (where SOME of my Lander pals said they were coming to visit not too long ago <_< ).

Maybe we'll all meet up at another game soon or while our teams are playing a lil football later :thumb:

If Cosby lets Cloudland take control early, it may very well be a loooong night

Well, looks like I'm not gonna get out of here in time to make the trek to C-D. One good thing is I will definitely get to go tommorrow night. Uknoit, I haven't forgot about visiting your church. Now, if I can only get 91 and B&G rounded up! :roflolk::)