Friendship Christian vs. CSAS

GeorgeBailey

Quit acting like we're only good at sports because we recruit people out of our area to play. I would love not to use myself as an example because it looks selfish, but since you want everyone to believe we recruit 5 star athletes out of state to come play for us, I feel like using myself as an example will be sufficient for what I want to say. I have lived 10 minutes away from friendship my entire life, I was a 4 year starter in baseball and started all the games my sophomore and senior years of football, I also started 3 games my freshman year of football (missed my junior year due to having Tommy John surgery in the summer). I'm not gonna go into personal accolades or stats, but I wasn't a lousy player. Now to try to say that I was recruited to go to friendship is a joke. I went because my dad wanted a better education and atmosphere than what I would have gotten at Wilson Central. This is the case for most who transfer to friendship. Yes, some do transfer in only to play sports. I'm sure your school has had a few do that in girls since I guess that's all your good at. Friendship doesn't have to go out and recruit people, the sports program does that for itself with the success we have. Very rarely do we have transfers who live in another county come to our school, I'd venture to say 95% of the athletes are from Wilson County. And why do you not see me on the girls forum? Well honestly it's because I don't ever watch the girls play. I can't stand watching 1A girls basketball because I grew up watching MJ girls play because my sister went there and was a 3 year starter for them. After seeing MJ girls basketball for 6 or 7 years, trying to watch 1A girls basketball is like watching 9 and 10 year olds play baseball, pretty dang boring lol. But back to the recruiting thing and the whole thing where you think we're all from different counties, the seniors that played baseball my junior and senior years, all of us but 1 lived within 10 minutes of the school. The best athlete I played with at friendship, Lee Maasen, he lives about a minute away from school. So yeah we definitely recruit nationally lol. And as for the whole unchristian thing, I'm prideful and yes that's a sin so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm also very competitive so it doesn't help that someone from Jackson County, where your guys sports really don't even compete with ours, tries to accuse us of things that aren't true. I'll say it again, I'm sorry if I have hurt your feelings. Now can anyone give me any info on CSAS? I'd like to know about how athletic they are and what type of size they have.

What kind of team is FCS? I know their record is good but what good teams have they beat?

Edited by silverdalefan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSAS is quick and athletic. They like to drive to the goal alot. Not real big inside. Well coached and plays hard. Not as good as they were last year though. Wouldn't expect a big crowd from them like you would a small town team. And their cheerleaders can bring it with the best of them!!!!

You christian posters just keep showing your true colors don't you. Just because you recruit kids every year for every sport which allows you to compete year after year, you want everyone to think you're above them and they are beneath you. People from this school constantly act as if you're better than the rest of us when in reality, your school is recruiting kids from outside of its area to play sports for them which is an unfair advantage and you wonder why the rest of the schools in the region root against you? Its people like you that give this school a bad name. I noticed you people never post on the boards where your school doesn't do so good like the girls basketball forum. You don't see others on here talking about how bad that program is and how bad we would or could or have beaten them do you? I feel sorry for people like yourself, you represent a christian school but you are nothing like a true christian in reality.

If you like will sit out of sports next year so that Jackson County can get put out in the first or second round of the football playoffs by someone else and have your basketball season by Watertown, Clay, or Clarkrange. It does not matter if Friendship is in the region Or not there are plenty of public schools around more than capable of beating y'all. And go ahead and call me unchristian but God tells us to tell the truth, so there you have it.

Edited by classof82

If you like will sit out of sports next year so that Jackson County can get put out in the first or second round of the football playoffs by someone else and have your basketball season by Watertown, Clay, or Clarkrange. It does not matter if Friendship is in the region Or not there are plenty of public schools around more than capable of beating y'all. And go ahead and call me unchristian but God tells us to tell the truth, so there you have it.

lets get back on topic i'm done with all this. good luck to both teams

Edited by devilfanatic

CSAS is quick and athletic. They like to drive to the goal alot. Not real big inside. Well coached and plays hard. Not as good as they were last year though. Wouldn't expect a big crowd from them like you would a small town team. And their cheerleaders can bring it with the best of them!!!!

This is true! It's worth the admission to see the cheerleaders.

So does anyone know much about grace? Im hearing they will have to "host" the game at a different gym. I know nothing about their team and just seeing if anyone will know how crange can matchup against them?

I am pretty sure they're going to be playing in their own gym. They've won their last 9 or 10 games--played some good teams.

Considering both will have a lot of fans their to play, then I would worry about the size of the gym...

What? Fans their to play?

Maybe you mean "fans there to see their team play." One would hope both teams would have plenty of fans. I'm sure Grace would love to have a bigger gym, but if the guys have earned the privilege of playing at home, it ought to be their home court. Fans will have to adjust and make do. Whoever makes it to state will have plenty of room for fans.