cosby at wartburg

cosbybainen

Well, for you Wartburg folks, a FREIGHT train is on the track and is LOADED with girls that could play football. She won't get her way in the game with Union City if they meet. Our girls are HUGE, can play, run, run the floor and yes play football so bring it on if it happens. There is NO use for kids like this that is out to "bounty" anyone on the floor. She will meet her match with Union City...just ask the team we beat tonight in Adamsville. Good luck and hate it that the Cosby girl broke her arm. Sports play can be rough but when you add a little to it..no place. I'm not trash talk'in...just telling the trueth!

Edited by UCGRAD

I thought it was a great game. I doubt we hear too many Cosby people on here making excuses. They are a proud program and excellently coached team. Good luck to them next year. Wartburg played tough and so did they. Homecourt and timely scoring made the difference. The post from Cosby is Great did she go 20/20 tonight?

Well, for you Wartburg folks, a FREIGHT train is on the track and is LOADED with girls that could play football. She won't get her way in the game with Union City if they meet. Our girls are HUGE, can play, run, run the floor and yes play football so bring it on if it happens. There is NO use for kids like this that is out to "bounty" anyone on the floor. She will meet her match with Union City...just ask the team we beat tonight in Adamsville. Good luck and hate it that the Cosby girl broke her arm. Sports play can be rough but when you add a little to it..no place. I'm not trash talk'in...just telling the trueth!

You are talking out your backside! You didn't see the play so you don't know what you are talking about!

I'll agree that the Wartburg girl goes all-out but that doesn't mean she can kill someone. They even said on the radio they were surprised she wasn't ejected and that was the home town radio station. The radio said she had a broken wrist.

As far as the Oakdale game, they made no call either time.

And BTW, I was for Wartburg and everybody from our region.

Best High School Game I've ever seen and I'm 48 years old! to win in 3OT of all out play is amazing! In the end Davis had his girls in better shape than Cosby's. Wartburg didn't look tired and Cosby was worn out! I believe it will be tough for Wartburg at state, but hey they are there now and anything can happen.

I thought the foul was really bad nobody at WCHS making any excuses, but didn't think it warranted throwing anyone out. Wartburg has a history of playing clean and that one moment the young lady made a poor decision. I don't think you can compare it to the oakdale game because Oakdale coaches and I know this for a fact, told their players to beat on Wartburg! Keep in mind Oakdale and Wartburg generally like each other you should see 4A in a rivalry game! Cosby welcome to 4A it's rough and that's just the nature of the game over here!

Hope nobody from cosby is seriously hurt, and that we see them in next years sub-state where on another thread superdave pointed out we will again have no chance lol

I couldnt see the play where the girl got her wrist broken from where I was sitting. I could see the other end very well and there was a couple of time's that a Wartburg player was horse collared and there was no call. I know the young lady very well and she play's hard with alot of emotion and, she wouldn't purposely hurt another player. All the players on both sides played hard. None off those kids need to hang their heads it was a hard fought game.

Edited by radracer

I'll agree that the Wartburg girl goes all-out but that doesn't mean she can kill someone. They even said on the radio they were surprised she wasn't ejected and that was the home town radio station. The radio said she had a broken wrist.

As far as the Oakdale game, they made no call either time.

And BTW, I was for Wartburg and everybody from our region.

Oakdale game was rough, I don't think anything was called bc after the Thompson kid from oakdale tried to slap phillips, she just shoved her to the floor, refs seen it all and it was no call, they thought it even out the field i guess.

as far as Cosby game she didn't break the girls wrist from Cosby, the floor did when she hit it, and it was just a hard foul, and girl landed wrong, it happens.

Saying you are not trash talkin and saying how tough your team is, is trash talkin buddy!!! I doubt union city will draw Wartburg first round, only 8 teams left, so you got to figure that your going against the best of the best left in the state!! SO don't be talkin any smack before you get some1 in the state tourney, I think if would be funny if you drew Jackson CO/Cloudland, if you think your big and huge and can outrun any1, you will have your hands full with them Cloudland and Jackson Co both have monsters inside!

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...yep, that's trash talk...Only thing I can say is, I'm glad we're not playing football apparently! LOL

I did not see the play, but I have seen plenty of bad breakaway fouls. You can usually see "intent" either in the eyes or body languauge of the player committing the foul from behind. Sometimes the trailing player actually attempts to legitimately tip or block the shot from behind and makes inadvertant body contact in the air causing an awkward fall, but with no ill intent. If the player gets that "I'm gonna get you" look in their eye and does a flying karate chop or a two hand push in the back on a defenseless player, then it should be called an intentional foul and result in an automatic ejection. I say the officials should err on the side of the ejection in close calls to discourage such assaults. I had players get broken bones, blown out knees, and concussions from such cheap shot fouls in my coaching career. There is no place for that in basketball. Heat of the moment does not justify ill intent.

UC grad please go away...You are an embarrassment to us UC fans who might like to show a bit of class....we (UC) are in uncharted waters and you never know what you might get from freshmen and sophomores

• Upvote 1

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• https://www.facebook.com/share/p/rna6A7Y4jq2v2zcF/?mibextid=K35XfP    
    • Looks like South Pittsburg added some more talent!  
    • So much talk about an investigation about student record manipulation and then everything has went silent. Has anyone heard how the investigation is going?
    • Basically what you're saying is schools can basically bully students around and get away with it because they are protected. I agree to a certain extent but when schools decisions to keep knuckleheads on staff starts costing kids careers and a college education there is a problem. Our school system last week had a teacher supposedly push a kid and the parents went to the law and the teacher is suspended. So I wouldn't say that they can just do what they want without liability. This case don't pass the smell test because the coach had already been fired before and she got fired after a year on the job. Sounds like the student was right in this case on the outside looking in because the coach gets fired after one year. How many coaches get fired after one year?? Not many. 
    • Problem with DB football goes beyond coaching. Like Waco said. Thr band is the main focus of their community and school. They have the resources to be a championship level team. Guarantee Ballard or Witten could have them nationally relevant at some point but everyone down to peewee would have to buy in and at DB we all know that would never happen.