McMinn Central vs. Obion

centralmaniac4

I agree with BloodCharger. I'm a Charger fan too. I was at the game yesterday. There's is no question the athleticism of both girls. I look to see Goodman up to try to keep Masengil from repeating as Mrs. Basketball next year. She looked incredible yesterday. I will say that you can't take anything away from Elizabeth from yesterday's game. She was double or triple-teamed the ENTIRE game. Completely took her out with the risk of leaving our other girls open. If we shoot better, as we have all season, we win. The strategy worked brilliantly. Elizabeth Masengil is this year's AA Mrs. Basketball. She was the best player easily during the regular season playing against a top 15 strength of schedule which double-teamed her every game as well. Congrats to Obion. GREAT looking team. They'll win the Gold Ball Saturday over CPA I predict. I won't say it will be easy, but I don't think they'll get too nervous tomorrow...

:thumb:

Hope she repeats next year, but I think Goodman will trade spots with Masengil.

2012 Masengil- Ms. Basketball Goodman- State Champion

2013 Masengil- State Champion Goodman- Ms. Basketball

Did we watch the same ballgame? Looked very athletic to me. Shut down Masengil all game and made some very athletic shots. She will be Ms. Basketball next year, no doubt. Macie is good, but tourny MVP (if Obion wins it) will be Goodman.

No, I didn't see the game yesterday, but I am a 13AA fan, and I've been watching Macie for 4 years and Brandi for 3. I take nothing away from Brandi. Maybe I didn't word it the right way. I'm told Brandi had a great game yesterday, and I don't doubt it for a minute, but she is naturally not aggressive. She actually is timid by most accounts and appears to be lacking in confidence. My point is when she ever decides she is as good as she TRULY is--- watch out!!! Macie is little but has the heart of a lion, and plays like she is 10 feet tall. With this state tournament experience, Brandi should build all the confidence anyone could ever need. Definitely a Miss BB contender next year, and with the state tournament exposure, there should be no doubt! :thumb: BTW, believe me, that's not easy to say as another 13AA opponent! lol