AAA State Tournament

Metroman

ive never been a big individual award person although I am very happy when one of my WARRIORS wins it. I have not seen any of the other girls play but I do want to take up for Cobi..

I dont know stats but i have watched a VAST majority of the games she has played in while at RIVERDALE...In my OPINION she improved ALOT from not only freshman to Sr year yr but from last year to this year she improved tremendously...she is very unsellfish she sees the court VERY GOOD gives the ball up hustles the entire game and really involves her teammates so while her staats may not be on par with others (not sure which ones arent) her overall game is PHENOMANAL...

as far as being recruited and being ranked by all the magazines and all how many times has a team gotten a top recruit and things just didnt pan out...so to me that doesnt hold water we are not talking about what they might can do in college we are talking about what they did do in high school...

I do pray that the young lady from SH that hurt her knee heels up quick and I truely hate that she got hurt please have a speedy recovery

I'm a little confused as well for the Miss Basketball winner. Barbee is a very good player but listening to the stats for each player I don't know how Graves didn't win. I don't think Barbee was even the MVP for the season on her own team so how can she possibly be the best player in the State. I don't know who votes or what criteria they use, but they don't use stats, records, or rankings.

the coaches vote for their district stuff and while I am PROUD OF TY PETTY and you really can make an argument for her winning it but these are the same coaches that voted the 4th place team coach as coach of the year and he didnt beat anyone above his team...so you can kinda take that with a grain of salt as there is some jelousy or some dislike for each other in our district...

for the record i though oaklands coach might have deserved this award as this team in my opinion finished a lot better than anticpated

Edited by riverdaleman