REPLAY Blackman-Bradley

bchsdramaqueen

First, I'm so tired of explaining it too. Let's try it one more time. There are 3 officials in every bball game. Let's count. One would be the official the curse was directed at...the second would be the one shown on the video walking away from the camera. The THIRD official is the one that called the t. He is the African-American ref that you can see at the 46 second mark walking behind the play toward the Bradley bench. THERE IS NOT A FOURTH REF THAT CAME RUSHING FROM THE OPPOSITE END. Stop trying to rewrite history to suit your agenda!

Well you can feel better because he DEFINATELY said it. Between myself and the 8or so I've talked to that saw it and have said the same thing. I understand your wanting to stand by your guy and believe him. I get it, anybody would do the same thing, but it definately happened.

The only defensive and angry comments were directed at posts saying it was a given BC was going to win in ot and the staunch denial that nothing was said when that is just not the case. I was just trying to prevent an entire rewriting of history. That's the only reason for my "rhetoric".

Blaze, u and your condescending comments are started to become annoying. All of the Bradley fans know what we saw.....heck it was on our side of the gym. The African-American ref WANTED to make that call. The official the supposed obscenity was directed toward DID NOT EVEN HEAR IT, the video proves that Morgan was right in his ear and yet he did not make the call. In fact I have heard that the official even went to the African- American official and asked hi if he was sure he wanted to make that call and he said heck yes.i do wish Blackman all the luck in the state, in fact I hope they run the table, because in my mind and in the minds of lots of BCHS fans there will be a giant asterisk beside their name.

• Upvote 1

Blaze, u and your condescending comments are started to become annoying. All of the Bradley fans know what we saw.....heck it was on our side of the gym. The African-American ref WANTED to make that call. The official the supposed obscenity was directed toward DID NOT EVEN HEAR IT, the video proves that Morgan was right in his ear and yet he did not make the call. In fact I have heard that the official even went to the African- American official and asked hi if he was sure he wanted to make that call and he said heck yes.i do wish Blackman all the luck in the state, in fact I hope they run the table, because in my mind and in the minds of lots of BCHS fans there will be a giant asterisk beside their name.

Not trying to be condescending ..just frustrated that people keep trying to rewrite an alternate reality. I'm done typing. I'm convinced people will only choose to believe what is convenient to suit their agenda. I too would have loved to watch overtime or double or triple ot. It didn't happen, so people need to move on. I know what I witnessed, and I'll leave it at that. I'll leave you guys to turn this into a pity party. You had a good team that made it to the final 16 in the state and that shouldnt be taken for granted . We will see you in the fall at your place for some of that oblong ball action. I'm out.

Not trying to be condescending ..just frustrated that people keep trying to rewrite an alternate reality. I'm done typing. I'm convinced people will only choose to believe what is convenient to suit their agenda. I too would have loved to watch overtime or double or triple ot. It didn't happen, so people need to move on. I know what I witnessed, and I'll leave it at that. I'll leave you guys to turn this into a pity party. You had a good team that made it to the final 16 in the state and that shouldnt be taken for granted . We will see you in the fall at your place for some of that oblong ball action. I'm out.

I agree, Blaze. Let's all move on. Much luck to your boys. They are solid ball-players who deserve to actually win their next game.

First, I'm so tired of explaining it too. Let's try it one more time. There are 3 officials in every bball game. Let's count. One would be the official the curse was directed at...the second would be the one shown on the video walking away from the camera. The THIRD official is the one that called the t. He is the African-American ref that you can see at the 46 second mark walking behind the play toward the Bradley bench. THERE IS NOT A FOURTH REF THAT CAME RUSHING FROM THE OPPOSITE END. Stop trying to rewrite history to suit your agenda!

Well you can feel better because he DEFINATELY said it. Between myself and the 8or so I've talked to that saw it and have said the same thing. I understand your wanting to stand by your guy and believe him. I get it, anybody would do the same thing, but it definately happened.

The only defensive and angry comments were directed at posts saying it was a given BC was going to win in ot and the staunch denial that nothing was said when that is just not the case. I was just trying to prevent an entire rewriting of history. That's the only reason for my "rhetoric".

I hate when I work out a long thought out responsible post and the internet kills it.

I have not replied sooner because I was waiting to find out more facts, and answers to questions.

After watching the video with friends who are much more knowledgable in basketball rules and play than I, there are a couple of points.

First off, the statement that the official the comment was supposedly made to, had his back to the player is partially true. But there is no doubt in my mind that IF something was said this official would have heard it, and had NO doubt as to who uttered the comment.

Secondly, first hand witnesses I have talked to since also say he did not say anything to the official. <shrug> who to beleive...... :D

Empirical eveidence of the body actions in this video suggests that nothing was said and that an overjealous official (who apparently was asked if he really wanted to make this call by the first official) who may have made a mistake.

Best thing here is to agree to disagree in some ways, and say that this game should have been decided in overtime, by the teams, and not with a official's call. I am sure all Blackman fans can agree they would be just as incensed it the postions were reversed, and leap to their teams defense as all good fans should.

Edited by alt1958

I am an official of 20 yrs. I've worked countless region and district games. I've worked 15 sectional games and the boys AAA finals at state. The player would have had to cuss my mom and slap my face before I T him up. Pretty crappy officiating and I don't have a dog in the fight. Sad, sad, sad..... I'm even more so sad that the lead official let this happen.

Which they didn't before? Accurate choice of screenname... :popcorneater:

Did she offend? Hit a nerve perhaps? By your comment...toward a poster who was not being rude...we can tell you're somewhat small minded and simple. Shhh if you don't say anything back, you could probably redeem yourself and turn a corner.

Did she offend? Hit a nerve perhaps? By your comment...toward a poster who was not being rude...we can tell you're somewhat small minded and simple. Shhh if you don't say anything back, you could probably redeem yourself and turn a corner.

No reason for striking a nerve here...I'm neither a Blaze nor a Bear fan. However, I do feel that her comment was a rude, back-handed knock at the legitimacy of the Blackman victory, which the Blaze players, coaches, and fans do not deserve.

As she seems reluctant to acknowledge, Blackman actually did win this game. If they didn't, they wouldn't be headed to play in the state tournament.

How does that make me small minded and simple? I'm eagerly awaiting my redemption from you :flower:

Edited by AllRegion

After hearing about this topic, researching facts about it and watching the video a few things come to mind. 1. I'm a football coach myself and one thing we always tell our players is don't put yourself in a position to have a ref call something on yourself, whether you meant it or not. So why would #44 not realize the magnitude of the situation and keep his mouth closed regardless of what he said and head straight to the bench. This is as much his coach's fault as the player's. Secondly, This I'm sure was a tremendous game to see in person, but either team could have done more to win it earlier and prevent something like this in the end of the game. Lastly, It is a tough call indeed but sometimes these are needed to help teach your kids mental toughness and hopefully this is something that this team can benefit from next year. One last thing, please refrain from making underhanded comments in anyway against the kids from blackman, because they worked just as hard as anyone else to be in this position and don't deserve to have their achievements diminished in any way. I'm not a fan of either team, never been to either school. I'm from west tn. Anyways, Heck of a year for both teams and both sides should hold their heads up high.

After hearing about this topic, researching facts about it and watching the video a few things come to mind. 1. I'm a football coach myself and one thing we always tell our players is don't put yourself in a position to have a ref call something on yourself, whether you meant it or not. So why would #44 not realize the magnitude of the situation and keep his mouth closed regardless of what he said and head straight to the bench. This is as much his coach's fault as the player's. Secondly, This I'm sure was a tremendous game to see in person, but either team could have done more to win it earlier and prevent something like this in the end of the game. Lastly, It is a tough call indeed but sometimes these are needed to help teach your kids mental toughness and hopefully this is something that this team can benefit from next year. One last thing, please refrain from making underhanded comments in anyway against the kids from blackman, because they worked just as hard as anyone else to be in this position and don't deserve to have their achievements diminished in any way. I'm not a fan of either team, never been to either school. I'm from west tn. Anyways, Heck of a year for both teams and both sides should hold their heads up high.

Great post!!!! I am a Bradley fan, and I hate we lost under those conditions. But it happened, and life goes on. I am pulling for Blackman to win in the state, unless they Ooltewah. I wish my Bears were there, but maybe next year.......

Edited by tnwareagle

I don't know what was said or what wasn't, and people will claim he indeed said something and people will say there is no way the ref could have heard him. I know the rules state clearly that if he did say something then the right call was made. However, in a situation like this I think the ref has to let it go. Then before the start of overtime go over to the Bradley Central coach and tell him what the player said, tell him that could have cost him and his team the game, and warn him by saying I will not tolerate anything like that in overtime and will not let it slide again. You have to let it slide because you can't punish 2 teams for that actions of 1 player. In almost any other game this call wouldn't be as a big deal, but in any game like this you have to let it play out. If Blackmon does win the state championship, reguardless of what anyone says, the championship will be shadowed in doubt.