Summertown v Clay County

Vandychris

by the way, where did the gold ball go last year? Oh, thats right, you didnt get to stick around long enough to see it leave in the hands of one of those 33-4, 34-2 teams we always send up there from region 6a

Last year? Well since you brought up the past prior to last year where did the Gold and silver go the 3 years before that???? Jackson County and Clarkrange that's where

District 7A has dominated Class A for most of the modern era in women's basketball 19 Gold and 10+ Silver balls. No one compares!

Edited by devilfanatic
  • Upvote 1

My observation is Clay is really no better than Wayne County-they have one prolific scorer (Roach for CC, Risner for WC) and that is it...as for me, I didnt see anything from Clay Co that would make me think they were any better than WC, Lake Co, or Moore Co...plus you are discounting the drive and motivation they have in playing for a fallen teammate-evidently you didnt hear the windows rattling in the glass house when our fans started cheering Team G after the miracle comeback from 7 down with under a minute left

There is one big difference between Clay and LC. Clay will make their free throws when it counts :)

by the way, where did the gold ball go last year? Oh, thats right, you didnt get to stick around long enough to see it leave in the hands of one of those 33-4, 34-2 teams we always send up there from region 6a

Every other year a team from 7a has been in the state championship:

01-02 Clay County (silver)

03-04 Clarkrange (gold)

05-06 Jackson County (silver)

07-08 Clarkrange (silver) vs Jackson County (gold) in the finals

08-09 Clarkrange (gold- went 39-0)

09-10 Jackson County (gold)

6 of the last 10 years 7a has had a team play in the state championship, and even in 2007-08 2 7a teams met in the finals. Ther really is no comparison what district dominated girls basketball in the last decade. However, that was the past and this is now and right now 2 girls team from district 7a are playing in the semi-finals.

Surprise surprise surprise, you picking a Lawrence County team to win! What a shocker!!!!! Hey 1 win out of 3 games isn't all bad i guess??? Clay wins this game by 6. Summertown is decent, would be a solid 4th place team in District 7A :thumb:

You have lost ur mind saying summertown will finish 4th in that district

You have lost ur mind saying summertown will finish 4th in that district

Jackson County, Clarkrange, and Clay County...there really isn't much difference between Clay and Clarkrange and Jackson County has beaten them both 3 times. 4th place in 7a isn't that bad considering the teams in the district!

Edited by swanson71

Well clarkrange aint here so maybe third ;)

Maybe but Clarkrange could easily be playing Summertown in the semis instead of Clay County as they beat Clay County twice during the season. Clay just happen to pick up the win when it mattered most, it just shows how even those 2 teams really are.

Speaks well of your district, I sit next to coaches from all over yesterday, 21 for S-town, went wild, prolly got some attention from colleges!!

Claire has been playing lights out here recently in the district championship she almost out scored collinwood by herself they had 38 i think and she had 30 by herself