Summertown v Clay County

Vandychris

From the Tennessean, just sayin...

seriously doubt clay co making/missing free throws is going to be a big difference

Clay County outlasted Summertown 59-57 on Friday, scoring all five of its extra-period points at the free-throw line.

I think some of you are overstating how good 7A is...in the 2nd quarter Stown goes 2-13 from the field, they go from nearly the 6 min mark of the second qtr until nearly the 5 min mark of the third without scoring and they only found themselves down 9...it wasnt so much about defense as it was the shots werent falling...one thing for certain-if (big word, aint it lol) the lady eagles shoot 50% during the dry spell, they win the game in regulation

“The matchup zone was giving us fits,†Summertown Coach Craig McGill said. “We just couldn’t hit a shot.â€

From the Tennessean, just sayin...

Clay County outlasted Summertown 59-57 on Friday, scoring all five of its extra-period points at the free-throw line.

“The matchup zone was giving us fits,†Summertown Coach Craig McGill said. “We just couldn’t hit a shot.â€

Ok but you are speaking as though we werent getting shots because of the defense..we were getting them we just werent hitting them and there is a huge difference in that....if you were that great defensively, we would have never came back from 9 down to retake the lead...and all this complaining about officials keeping Summertown in it, who was it that was at the line with the game on the line, it sure wasnt Summertown...just saying

JC didn't beat Clay 4 times by a average margin of 17 pts by pure luck. Roach played in all 4 games. JC by 10

Well clay looked better yesterday against a better team. Jackson co struggled with an average uc team that just got hot at the right time. Anything can happen and I'm still going with clay.

Well clay looked better yesterday against a better team. Jackson co struggled with an average uc team that just got hot at the right time. Anything can happen and I'm still going with clay.

Gotta' go with Pioneer too!Past history doesn't lie BUT,C.C.(providing that they play the last one like the first two) is diverse in the way that they score,should know Jackson Co. inside out,and last but not least,Hensly's size wont affect Roach's scoring.Roach is AMAZING!Should have been a finalist for Miss Basketball.You have to say that Brown is the better coach but you learn more from losing than winning...picking Clay in a nailbiter!

Ok but you are speaking as though we werent getting shots because of the defense..we were getting them we just werent hitting them and there is a huge difference in that....if you were that great defensively, we would have never came back from 9 down to retake the lead...and all this complaining about officials keeping Summertown in it, who was it that was at the line with the game on the line, it sure wasnt Summertown...just saying

The coach even said the defense was giving Summertown all kids of trouble. Summertown going 2-13 isn't them just missing shots, but rather the defense causing that. Also when you play as weak a schedule as Summertown has this year, you tend to become a bit undisciplined in the shots you take. Some shots you can take against a weaker team and get away with, and then there are some shots you can't!

The coach even said the defense was giving Summertown all kids of trouble. Summertown going 2-13 isn't them just missing shots, but rather the defense causing that. Also when you play as weak a schedule as Summertown has this year, you tend to become a bit undisciplined in the shots you take. Some shots you can take against a weaker team and get away with, and then there are some shots you can't!

that is true, but I see you saying we are weak, but I recall having a 2 pt lead with 12 seconds left and cc getting free throws to tie the game-I would say pretty evenly matched with state finalist says we are pretty good

Those were the best two teams. Clay Co. press should be the difference tomorrow.

Great job Coach Sims and congratulations on your first gold ball. Pressure on offense and defense was excellent. Still surprised that JC won the first four, but you got the BIG ONE!!!!

that is true, but I see you saying we are weak, but I recall having a 2 pt lead with 12 seconds left and cc getting free throws to tie the game-I would say pretty evenly matched with state finalist says we are pretty good

I never said you were weak, I said your schedule was weak. When the competition in your area is that weak it's time to move up a couple of classes to take on some tougher teams. Clay County played a lot of A schools as well, but of the 36 games they played 8 games came against Clarkrange and Jackson County and 2 against Macon County, a AA sub-state team who only lost by 7 points to the AA state champions. Jackson County played 8 games against Clarkrange and Upperman twice and Livingston twice. Summertown played Lawrence County twice and the rest of the schedule was very very weak.

I never said you were weak, I said your schedule was weak. When the competition in your area is that weak it's time to move up a couple of classes to take on some tougher teams. Clay County played a lot of A schools as well, but of the 36 games they played 8 games came against Clarkrange and Jackson County and 2 against Macon County, a AA sub-state team who only lost by 7 points to the AA state champions. Jackson County played 8 games against Clarkrange and Upperman twice and Livingston twice. Summertown played Lawrence County twice and the rest of the schedule was very very weak.

All the hardware is in 7A :excl: