AA Girls Ball: Who will be back next year?

Cody

Congratulations to State Champion: Christ Presbyterian Academy and all of the other 7 teams to make it to the Boro this year. My question is: Who makes it back next year, if any of them? What team's 2011/2012 season showed that they have potential to get there next year even if they didn't this year?

I don't know about basketball across the state like some of the other members on here, but I do know a little. Primarily knowing about McMinn Central, I would say that they will most certainly be back next year and should be a favorite to win it all. With AA Miss Basketball Elizabeth Masengil returning, Freshmen Elizabeth Trentham, Kelcey Myers, and Ally Coleman rising up this year, defensive power (and another threat from beyond the arc as seen from the Obion game) Kelcey Young, the dynamic sister duo of Sidni and Peyton Williams, and a slew of incoming 8th graders (Coach Young's youngest daughter is said to be very impressive; there's also a girl from little Rural Vale Middle in Tellico which just won a national tournament coming to Central), I find it hard to think that Central would see any reason not to bring home the Gold Ball next year.

Obion Central is only losing one senior, so I consider them a threat as well. I would rather see them in the championship as opposed to the first round like this year though ;)What is the word on Livingston Academy for next year? Who are they losing/keeping? Same with Upperman and Cannon from that district? Memphis teams? Upper East Tennessee? Anything else from Middle Tennessee?

Congratulations to State Champion: Christ Presbyterian Academy and all of the other 7 teams to make it to the Boro this year. My question is: Who makes it back next year, if any of them? What team's 2011/2012 season showed that they have potential to get there next year even if they didn't this year?

I don't know about basketball across the state like some of the other members on here, but I do know a little. Primarily knowing about McMinn Central, I would say that they will most certainly be back next year and should be a favorite to win it all. With AA Miss Basketball Elizabeth Masengil returning, Freshmen Elizabeth Trentham, Kelcey Myers, and Ally Coleman rising up this year, defensive power (and another threat from beyond the arc as seen from the Obion game) Kelcey Young, the dynamic sister duo of Sidni and Peyton Williams, and a slew of incoming 8th graders (Coach Young's youngest daughter is said to be very impressive; there's also a girl from little Rural Vale Middle in Tellico which just won a national tournament coming to Central), I find it hard to think that Central would see any reason not to bring home the Gold Ball next year.

Obion Central is only losing one senior, so I consider them a threat as well. I would rather see them in the championship as opposed to the first round like this year though ;)What is the word on Livingston Academy for next year? Who are they losing/keeping? Same with Upperman and Cannon from that district? Memphis teams? Upper East Tennessee? Anything else from Middle Tennessee?

CPA returns Merideth Roman, Lauren Thompson and Faith LeGate who were their top three scorers from this year. They will have to replace some solid guard play that will graduate.

If I had to make a choice of three teams that had a good chance to win it all, I would go with Obion, McMinn Central and CPA. Sounds like CPA has their top three scorers back, which is a plus, Obion is losing Macy Wright, which is not good but is all they lose. McMinn has most of theirs coming back. I would bet now that two of these three teams will run into each other in Murfreesboro.