Battle of the Bluff 2012

BigG

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since AlcoaDad got my vote for poster of the year last year with his consistenly outstanding game reports, we may have to hire him to cover the "big" games (or maybe gas money and the cost of admission).

I'll give you some details when I get a chance. Gotta grade 100 dinosaur projects first... might be a while.

I also didn't say they played a hard schedule, just that they have one of the most talented players they have had in a long time. Poke fun at their games all you want. It doesn't take away from the fact that they have legitimate division 1 players on the squad.

I'm curious. Are there any division 1 prospects on the CAK squad other than Ben Holt and Ryan Creel?

Catholic v CAK

If they played 10 times, Catholic would win 4, CAK would win 2 and they would tie 3. Catholic put more pressure on the goal for most the game. CAK countered quickly and effectively. The Catholic defense bent , but did no break. I didn't count shots on goal, but would guess it was about 15 for Catholic and 5 for CAK. Catholic hit the bar twice. CAK scored on a direct kick by Creel, and almost again by Holt. Other than that no real threat on goal. No "wow" saves by Catholic goalie. On the other hand it felt as if CAK was on their heels a majority of the time.I know that CAK had 2 starters not playing and Catholic had 1 not playing....so that was pretty much a wash.

It was really good soccer last night..the refs were OK, weather was good...no other external issues.

Catholic just finished playing 3 games at the Bearden tourney, CAK was resting..

IMHO both teams will win State, barring of course , an upset, which can happen...just ask Farragut from 2 years ago...

Lets see if I am being fair...prediction tonight...Catholic 3...Farragut 0... not including PK's

Anyone?

Very fast and hard fought game. CAK played more direct, Catholic played more possession. Both teams have tons of talent. CAK scored on a free kick. Catholic scored on a rebound, regained possession and beat the keeper for the shot. Catholic controlled possession and had double the shots on goal. I think it would have been a much different game had Catholic had fresh legs. CAK is fast and talented, but was outplayed. They were lucky to get the tie.

Very fast and hard fought game. CAK played more direct, Catholic played more possession. Both teams have tons of talent. CAK scored on a free kick. Catholic scored on a rebound, regained possession and beat the keeper for the shot. Catholic controlled possession and had double the shots on goal. I think it would have been a much different game had Catholic had fresh legs. CAK is fast and talented, but was outplayed. They were lucky to get the tie.

OK, so I'm not done grading, but need a break.

Most of the previous posts sum the game up well. 2 GREAT teams, but both looked tired in the second half. I'm sure Catholic was tired from a hard Bearden tournament, and I can't BELIEVE they play Farragut tonight! Wow.

I think CAK wasn't used to the fast game pace (because of their previous schedule) but adjusted well in the first half. They did seem to run out of gas near the end, though to their defense, the pace never slowed down. With two starters missing, it left their subs to a minimum.

Gotta say the best save of the night came from Zack Mayes on a shot from inside the box. Low right corner save that on most keepers, would have been a goal.

Great passing combinations from both teams with some real creative runs.

Catholic had 2 off of the crossbar, and probably should have finished 1 or 2 in the box.

Nice direct finish from Creel and great near post run by Ben on the first goal.

Props to both teams for supporting the MS fund raiser. Great turn out of fans, and great halftime events. The UK men's coach was there, and I would love to know what he thought.

Edited by BigG