Tragedy

Pantherfan66

Can't think of anything sadder than a young person losing or taking their own life. We get so wound up in winning and playing well and were so quick to rip on these kids when they miss a ball or strikeout or whatever in sports forgetting that their just kids. No one knows why this happened but it makes you stop and think we should all just chill out and let them be kids playing the game they love. Certainly keeping this young mans friends, family, and the entire riverside community in our thoughts and prayers from your friends on the east side of the river.

Can't think of anything sadder than a young person losing or taking their own life. We get so wound up in winning and playing well and were so quick to rip on these kids when they miss a ball or strikeout or whatever in sports forgetting that their just kids. No one knows why this happened but it makes you stop and think we should all just chill out and let them be kids playing the game they love.

So true. Prayers from Collinwood. Riverside has had enough heartbreak. I hope the best for the whole community.

the mustangs of huntingdon have a special relationship with riverside and our hearts have been ripped out like everyone else.we hope the gant family and anyone who knew this young man can move on with their lives.we had a similar expierience several years ago.you never get over something like this.no one can explain why and the team should move on and dedicate this season in his honor!

Thank you all so much, I just came from visitation with the family, they really need our prayers! These games are blown way out of proportion, I like to win as much as the next guy, but this really makes you stop and think...

Pantherfan66, I can't begin to understand what the family and community is going through at this moment so I won't act like I do. My wife and I have never lost a child, but the horror of that reality was made very real a few years ago. All we could do, which is the best thing in my opinion, is get on your knees and pray. Please send my deepest sympathy to the Gant family and to you for this tragic loss. The Friendship baseball team and school has had a lot of deep soul searching and discussions over this horrific event and you are in our prayers.

Pantherfan66, I can't begin to understand what the family and community is going through at this moment so I won't act like I do. My wife and I have never lost a child, but the horror of that reality was made very real a few years ago. All we could do, which is the best thing in my opinion, is get on your knees and pray. Please send my deepest sympathy to the Gant family and to you for this tragic loss. The Friendship baseball team and school has had a lot of deep soul searching and discussions over this horrific event and you are in our prayers.

Great line OrangeCrush. We here at Trousdale closed the locker room doors Tuesday and just had a heart to heart to again let these kids know that there are people they can talk to and go to no matter the situation. Shook Gant's hand and congratulated him on Class A POY in Jan. Absolutely one of the best competitors I've ever watched.....STUD! Prayers go out to family. I have three myself and I went in and hugged them all Tuesday night.

I suggest all coaches use this to further educate your players on how they can always count on you no matter their batting average.

Prayers from Portland, specially for the parents, I can not imagine the pain. Parents/Coaches, hug and tell your kids ya love them. I help coach a "middle school" team here in Portland, we arent sanctioned for middle school baseball here in Sumner County, but its close. Every year we can not stress enough to our guys, no matter the time of day or night, or their age, if they ever need anyone to talk to, to come to, ever in a bad situation and dont think they have a way out, call us. We will come to them. We have discussed this tragedy as well, we are all in disbelief. May God bless his family.....my son just doesnt understand why I have hugged him so much this week...