Eagleville loses

Baseballboy101

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EagleVille loses 1-3 on a walk off home run by Moore County

Time to wake up. Too many bats on that team not to have scored some runs. This game is not on the pitcher. We'll see how they respond. They went from driver's seat to passenger in one game as far as the outright district title goes. From controlling their destiny to having to rely on other teams to help them.

Time to wake up. Too many bats on that team not to have scored some runs. This game is not on the pitcher. We'll see how they respond. They went from driver's seat to passenger in one game as far as the outright district title goes. From controlling their destiny to having to rely on other teams to help them.

Bats get hot and get cold. Pitching and defense usually are a little more consistent. Eagleville is a talented team. District 9A has some pretty good pitching for a single A district. Low-scoring games emphasize a handful of at-bats over the course of a game.

Tourney may be exciting.

Moore Co has been playing well. Nice win for the boys in Blue. Coach Moore will get Eagleville back on track. The big surprise was Community's win over Cascade. That was huge

My understanding on this game was that Community pitched off the first night to match their number 1 up with Cascade's number 2. Looks like it paid dividends.

Bats get hot and get cold. Pitching and defense usually are a little more consistent. Eagleville is a talented team. District 9A has some pretty good pitching for a single A district. Low-scoring games emphasize a handful of at-bats over the course of a game.

Tourney may be exciting.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think there's gonna be a lot of close hard fought games in it this year. Lot to think about, who do you pitch, etc.... I'm assuming there will be a bye with an odd number of teams so that can be a huge factor.

Edited by redkuda

I couldn't agree with you more. I think there's gonna be a lot of close hard fought games in it this year. Lot to think about, who do you pitch, etc.... I'm assuming there will be a bye with an odd number of teams so that can be a huge factor.

Yes. A bye is huge. Haven't seen Huntland yet but if they are really down this year the #2 team may get by throwing a #3 pitcher.

Eagleville is definitely a good team. Very sound defensively....BUT...My Adamsville Cardinals pitched #5 and #4 against them at Blackmon. ;) I mention this, not to take anything away from Eagleville, just to point out that they are not hitting anywhere near a State Championship level. TRUST ME....we see Riverside 3 or 4 times a year.

Eagleville is definitely a good team. Very sound defensively....BUT...My Adamsville Cardinals pitched #5 and #4 against them at Blackmon. ;) I mention this, not to take anything away from Eagleville, just to point out that they are not hitting anywhere near a State Championship level. TRUST ME....we see Riverside 3 or 4 times a year.

See your point but sometimes 4 or 5 pitcher gives some teams more trouble.

Point taken, y'all actually had a guy that could throw a decent curveball and ok fastball. They had spent the last two days hitting sub-par pitching and it took them a while to pick their timing back up and to be fair your guys made a few big time catches that most of the time would have been down for hits. Eagleville also pitched their #5 against you as well. Eagleville is not a team that's going to hit 2 or 3 homeruns a game. The majority of the starters are contact hitters. Adamsville I thought was better than Huntingdon as far as competitiveness although they had beat y'all once. They hit the ball pretty well against our #6 and #7 for a couple of innings.

Point taken, y'all actually had a guy that could throw a decent curveball and ok fastball. They had spent the last two days hitting sub-par pitching and it took them a while to pick their timing back up and to be fair your guys made a few big time catches that most of the time would have been down for hits. Eagleville also pitched their #5 against you as well. Eagleville is not a team that's going to hit 2 or 3 homeruns a game. The majority of the starters are contact hitters. Adamsville I thought was better than Huntingdon as far as competitiveness although they had beat y'all once. They hit the ball pretty well against our #6 and #7 for a couple of innings.

what was the score to the Eagleville/ Summertown double header?