Cloudland Football

91LANDERS

Maybe so but that wasn't against coalfield, greenback or hampton. If he splits time this year, it will be a dire injustice to those upperclassmen that have earned it. Daddy ball at its worst. Colby will be a player in his own time. But that's not now

Edited by mazing

Maybe so but that wasn't against coalfield, greenback or hampton. If he splits time this year, it will be a dire injustice to those upperclassmen that have earned it. Daddy ball at its worst. Colby will be a player in his own time. But that's not now

I don't know but I think it is pretty pathetic that you grown people have nothing better to do than bash a 15 year old kid because of his last name?????? I say let's let Colby earn his reputation instead of giving him a bad one before he even steps onto the field. Just because you did not get your way!!!!! Every kid grades 9-12 will just have to earn their position!!!! I really do not think "DADDY BALL" will be a problem, Randy will allow coach Pittman to be in charge and if Colby just happens to be the one that needs to be on the field to get the job done so be it!!!!!!!!! If you are not willing to get behind ALL of our children (even if they are a Birchfield) then I hear Hampton has a football program too!!! I think they do some recruiting too!!!!! AS FOR ME be it Birchfield or whatever their last name and whatever their age is if they are getting the job done GO FOR IT!!!!!!

I don't know but I think it is pretty pathetic that you grown people have nothing better to do than bash a 15 year old kid because of his last name?????? I say let's let Colby earn his reputation instead of giving him a bad one before he even steps onto the field. Just because you did not get your way!!!!! Every kid grades 9-12 will just have to earn their position!!!! I really do not think "DADDY BALL" will be a problem, Randy will allow coach Pittman to be in charge and if Colby just happens to be the one that needs to be on the field to get the job done so be it!!!!!!!!! If you are not willing to get behind ALL of our children (even if they are a Birchfield) then I hear Hampton has a football program too!!! I think they do some recruiting too!!!!! AS FOR ME be it Birchfield or whatever their last name and whatever their age is if they are getting the job done GO FOR IT!!!!!!

if colby proves to be good enough to get to play on varsity i say great and i like the birchfields and i like lunsford. but i think he is not as ready as some of the older ones on the team. i hope he can prove me wrong and i do believe he will start at rb as a sophmore.

I disagree, Colby is not an average freshman. Byrd started at qb as a freshman!

Ok evidently you don't have a clue. Colby is going to be a good back going to. Right now he will be a good jv back and with out austin colby wouldn't have had the yards he did. Austin was mr inside while colby was mr outside with austin blocking for him. Whitehead and jeffery will be your ball carriers the this year lacy will not run hard and Arnett well he hasn't even been to practice yet. He is not dependable. I am happy with the coach and amazing tickled to death with his attitude and knowledge of the game line first then fine tune the backs and attention to detail.

Oh it won't be easy and maybe we shouldn't worry about that right yet. But when the time comes: beating yalls bulldog butts will be sweetern a georgia peach. It's time we renew this rivalry. It's been lopsided here of late.

FYI we may be scrimmaging HV next Friday. I will let you know for sure when I find out.

Im all for the renewal...truly would be great.

Yes, let me know about the HV scrimmage as soon as you hear.

As for Colby being ready....Doesn't matter to me either way but Id be surprised if he could step right in...Whitehead is a stud, no doubt and they both had a good 8th grade year.

Now, I understand these young men are a lil older than the 13-14 yr olds they played against this year...is this the case? If so, how much older?

If much older as a freshman, that may be the reason to get him on the field asap...know what I mean?

I am taking NOTHING away from the talent of this boy, he'll be load to stop if he keeps growing and improving....The young man has always been courteous to me and for that, I hope he does well whenever his time comes

Screw you. No one is bashing Colby. All these posts have stated that he is gonna make a great player. But this year, there are a lot of better options in front of him. Read the whole thread jack wagon