Lebanon in trouble with TSSAA

oldfatcat

Marion County High School has self reported the same basic violation that got Lebanon High School in trouble. The TSSAA made the following quote in the Times Free Press in Chattanooga:

"Having a ball and going over formations and plays technically constitute an official practice under TSSAA rules. While teams can conduct spring practice any time from January to May, once practice officially begins those teams have 15 days to conduct no more than 10 organized practices."

I bet for every school that gets caught there are twenty to thirty more that are doing the same thing. I know coaches who have told me they will not stop working out until they get caught because other schools in their district do the same thing. The schools that have indoor facilities bend the rules doing limited practicing out of sight. Coaches work pass routes and coach behind a fence giving instructions to their players from a short distance.

Or as someone in the Nuclear Navy told me"If it isn't on paper it didn't happen"!!!

Great let's teach kids it is ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught. OR Teach them it isn't cheating unless you get caught.

Great lessons. Problem is they take that same philosophy to their jobs and marriages.

Maybe this is why good people are leaving the profession.

We all know the rules, to those of you who are not - run your programs with integrity.

Great let's teach kids it is ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught. OR Teach them it isn't cheating unless you get caught.

Great lessons. Problem is they take that same philosophy to their jobs and marriages.

Maybe this is why good people are leaving the profession.

We all know the rules, to those of you who are not - run your programs with integrity.

Bucks and Eddie........stop by the house: I got some Girl Scout cookies for both of you to sell :thumb:

Marion County High School has self reported the same basic violation that got Lebanon High School in trouble. The TSSAA made the following quote in the Times Free Press in Chattanooga:

"Having a ball and going over formations and plays technically constitute an official practice under TSSAA rules. While teams can conduct spring practice any time from January to May, once practice officially begins those teams have 15 days to conduct no more than 10 organized practices."

I bet for every school that gets caught there are twenty to thirty more that are doing the same thing. I know coaches who have told me they will not stop working out until they get caught because other schools in their district do the same thing. The schools that have indoor facilities bend the rules doing limited practicing out of sight. Coaches work pass routes and coach behind a fence giving instructions to their players from a short distance.

[/quote

Edited by werazzlin

I'll sell them all the right way. You keep coaching up the next generation to be cheaters, the rest of us really appreciate it.

Spoken like a true fan of a 0-10 team from Fantasyland. No one said they APPROVED of it you are attacking. They are just commenting on the REALITY of things that DO go on.

If you are waiting for the T$$AA to do ANYTHING real about it, you have a better chance of seeing the second coming.

The cold hard facts of life is the only thing the T$$AA cares about is the continuing supply of funds coming in so they do not have to get a REAL JOB! <_<

Think about the teams they hit. Are they REAL contenders year after year? The short answer is NO. It does look good in the paper though. Sort of like the drug busts and hooker round ups that goes on right BEFORE an election.

• Upvote 1

Spoken like a true fan of a 0-10 team from Fantasyland. No one said they APPROVED of it you are attacking. They are just commenting on the REALITY of things that DO go on.

If you are waiting for the T$$AA to do ANYTHING real about it, you have a better chance of seeing the second coming.

The cold hard facts of life is the only thing the T$$AA cares about is the continuing supply of funds coming in so they do not have to get a REAL JOB! <_<

Think about the teams they hit. Are they REAL contenders year after year? The short answer is NO. It does look good in the paper though. Sort of like the drug busts and hooker round ups that goes on right BEFORE an election.

$ignal Mountain? They got hit for $ure. MBA? If $omeone report$ it they will get em. Remember, they alway$ fine tho$e they puni$h too.