Cleveland Football

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

OK...back to our original story: Anyone who was at the scrimmage last night want to offer perspective?

My first impressions:

• CHS has some good talent and depth at skill positions, still needs to bolster the line on both sides
  • This team has been practicing essentially for 8 days and held their own against an Alcoa team that has essentially been together for 8 years
  • Lots of energy from both coaches and players. Lots of heart and good tempo even deep into the depth chart.
  • CHS is a young team. Good things ahead, and a great future down the road. This is now essentially made up of CMS teams that rarely lost a game

After Friday night at Monroe stadium alot of questions were answered: The Blue Raiders are back.

This team is talented and they play hard. The backs are explosive and QB has a cannon. Defense was very fast and went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the state. As mentioned above this team has only been together for 8 days and you would never know it by watching them play.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a supporter of Brentwood football I got to know Ron Crawford very well the past 10 years. I hope you guys realize what you have now...in my opinion one of the finest men and arguably one of the best football coaches in Tennessee. He is maybe THE best defensive mind in high school football. Enjoy.....support him and love on him cause he is special!

As a supporter of Brentwood football I got to know Ron Crawford very well the past 10 years. I hope you guys realize what you have now...in my opinion one of the finest men and arguably one of the best football coaches in Tennessee. He is maybe THE best defensive mind in high school football. Enjoy.....support him and love on him cause he is special!

Got to know him originally when he was Rankin's DC at Riverdale and he got it in the back when he applied for the iniatial Blackman HC slot. VERY GOOD Coach and an even better man that you would want teaching your young men.

Good luck to y'all this season. :thumb:

Got to know him originally when he was Rankin's DC at Riverdale and he got it in the back when he applied for the iniatial Blackman HC slot. VERY GOOD Coach and an even better man that you would want teaching your young men.

Good luck to y'all this season. :thumb:

Ron was my neighbor in the Boro 20 years ago before he left the first time for Coffee County. Great guy even thought I was a bit surprised he took the Cleveland job after having lived in Middle Tenn his whole life. Cleveland is lucky to have him. That seems like a long, long time ago. Rankin had one heck of a staff in those "formative" Riverdale years. Seems like yesterday. This Alcoa Boy enjoyed watching those early Warrior Teams.

as far as Crawford, he already has re-energized the program ... I heard he is embracing the tradition of the past built by B Monroe...hiring former players and coaches and mixing them w/ current staff...the culture has changed for the positive ...

as far as watching the scrimmage from the stands...( the Clev vs. Alcoa ), they appear to have a long way to go...