2012 AAA District Results

StarRaider

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-AAA has been plagued by rainouts yesterday. They are supposedly resuming play tonight.

Winners Bracket-Hardin Valley vs. Oak Ridge at 7:30 tonight.

Losers Bracket-Halls vs. Clinton at 5:00 tonight.

Update from tonight!

Halls eliminates Clinton.

HVA defeats Oak Ridge.

Halls will play Oak Ridge in a elimination game tomorrow.

HVA advances to championship and qualifies for regional play.

Edited by ManU4Life

Dobyns-Bennett defeated Science Hill 7-5 in the winners bracket of 1 AAA on Monday to advance to District

Science Hill eliminated Boone 13-0 in the elimination game to advance to District.

Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill are extremely evenly matched. Each beat the other by a run during conference play, and although DB hit three homeruns in the tournament matchup the winning runs scored on two errors in the seventh. One of the errors, if not made, would have been a double play to end the inning with both team tied and Science Hill coming to bat in the bottom of 7th.

Dobyns-Bennett plays Science Hill tonight depending on the weather to determine seeding. If Dobyns-Bennett wins tonight, Science Hill will be the #2 seed. If Science Hill wins, then they do it again on Thursday night. Dobyns-Bennett probably pitching their #1 (Quillen) while Science Hill pitched their #1 last night.

Science Hill sets up nicely for Monday regardless who they play out of district 2. Craig will be well rested having pitched two relatively easy 5-inning mercy rule games (gave up 3 hits total in two games). Quillen pitched an easy opening game, and came in relief against Science Hill for a relatively easy inning on Monday. Regardless of the outcome tonight, Quillen should have plenty of time to recover by Monday.

The four teams in district 1 & 2 are pretty evenly matched. I don't think it really matters who plays who. I'll be shocked if each game isn't a nail-biter.

Dobyns Bennett defeated Science Hill 6-2. Dobyns-Bennett will host the number 2 seed from district 2; Science Hill will travel to play the number 1 seed from district 2.

Region matchups are starting to be filled in. Districts are supposed to be finished by tomorrow I think.

http://tssaa.org/201...sAAA/Region.htm

Regions 3 and 4 are set. I am thinking the state qualifiers will be from the group of Ooltewah, Tullahoma, & Riverdale.

My guesses are Dobyns Bennett and Farragut out of Region 1/2, Science Hill a possibility.

MJ and Brentwood out of Region 5/6

Bartlett Germantown or Collierville out of 7/8

Edited by StarRaider

Region matchups are starting to be filled in. Districts are supposed to be finished by tomorrow I think.

http://tssaa.org/201...sAAA/Region.htm

Regions 3 and 4 are set. I am thinking the state qualifiers will be from the group of Ooltewah, Tullahoma, & Riverdale.

My guesses are Dobyns Bennett and Farragut out of Region 1/2, Science Hill a possibility.

MJ and Brentwood out of Region 5/6

Bartlett Germantown or Collierville out of 7/8

SC @ Rossview... don't count out the Bison just yet. Seen Dobyns, Farragut U, and Collierville, should be in the mix.