McCollum Let Go at Greenback

hoopsdaily

Saw Greenback in a couple of team camps. Looks like a step back. Not impressed with new coach.

Are you for real?She just got the girls havnt even got them used to her style of ball yet and you say this?These girls are better and they will get better as someone else has posted they have had some pretty good wins over MUCH bigger schools.it is only summer give her time!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame to hear Coach McCollum was let go before getting a chance at five hundred wins. However, Greenback should still be strong with returning post Kassie Knight. She is the future of this program. How do you thing she will do in her second year at Greenback?

I watched her play a few times last yr.nice size,has a nice shot also.Needs to mature makes youthful mistakes,but i would say the new coach will work that out of her.Shes not the only girl with talent on that team they are pretty loaded just have to get them to work together.A post player is on as good as the guards will let them be.

I had heard she was getting shopped around.I hope for her sake they actually made a change of address or the tssaa bug will get them.

The young lady was not getting shopped around. This is an incredibly classy family that had to make some hard family decisions . No reason to start such an unfair rumor !

The young lady was not getting shopped around. This is an incredibly classy family that had to make some hard family decisions . No reason to start such an unfair rumor !

School policy was the reason,my understanding is that Greenback has stopped the practice of allowing new students from out of Loudon Co.so the Knight family is moving near Heritage from South Blount Co.and I was told by my good friend and a member of the Knight family that the coach at Heritage was very happy to add Kassie to the team.Now Kassie's brothers and sisters can go to the same school as her.

Point well taken(the rumor was not started here been hearing it for a couple of months),any out of county student that was enrolled the year prior could stay that would not be the reason,i know they were really upset when McCollum left.good luck to her at heritage.Thats a good program. Edited by orngnblk