McCollum Let Go at Greenback

hoopsdaily

Can't speak for the girls side but Tyler Gaskins will be a HUGE step up for boys basketball.

Exactly!I personally think this may help the basketball programs in the future,fixing to get a new school which equals more families coming in and hopefully get some very competitive teams,and i have always been a huge McCollum fan he will be missed but i can see what they are doing,having a one year retiree contract doesnt secure a coach each yr.I wish him the very best!I have heard nothing but great things about the McDaniels lady,my niece at Maryville has played for her and they said she is a very tough coach.And for the boys program they have been horrible for three yrs since Eddie stepped down,at a school like ours you have to respect the athlete because they HAVE to play as many sports as possible the talent pool is to small,you CANNOT tell them they cant play the other sports we need all the players we can get if we want to be winners!

Edited by orngnblk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new coach will be former Lady Vol Courtney McDaniel who has been an assistant at a few are High School Teams. So say my sources.

Personally I think McDaniels will be a great improvement for the basketball program, have watched her coach and must say she does a great job, tuff coach so the Lady Cherokee's better be ready to work hard.

Personally I think McDaniels will be a great improvement for the basketball program, have watched her coach and must say she does a great job, tuff coach so the Lady Cherokee's better be ready to work hard.

Great improvement? maybe so but, replacing a coach with 500 wins vs. a rookie coach with zero high school wins is a stretch to say "great improvement". I hope Courtney is the next great high school girls coach in East Tn . We are ready to get behind her and support her. Courtney is not walking into a rebuilding situation cause Coach Ed has already done that.

Just don't see that happening.

Coach mcdaniels will do a fine job already heard of some girls from area schools that want to play for her.I am more worried about getting some great math teachers to replace the ones that leave,Coach McCollum was a great algebrae teacher!

Great improvement? maybe so but, replacing a coach with 500 wins vs. a rookie coach with zero high school wins is a stretch to say "great improvement". I hope Courtney is the next great high school girls coach in East Tn . We are ready to get behind her and support her. Courtney is not walking into a rebuilding situation cause Coach Ed has already done that.

You say not rebuilding?This team use to win district championships and compete for region,since Jama Hammontree and coach Lucier left we havnt done much of nothing.I would definately say its in need of a rebuild.He does leave some good talent but they surely havnt over acheived.You have to replace them at sometime why not when a good young coach is available?I have seen this lady coach she can coach!

You say not rebuilding?This team use to win district championships and compete for region,since Jama Hammontree and coach Lucier left we havnt done much of nothing.I would definately say its in need of a rebuild.He does leave some good talent but they surely havnt over acheived.You have to replace them at sometime why not when a good young coach is available?I have seen this lady coach she can coach!

Go a little further back ... this team used to go to Murfreesboro on a regular basis and has a gold ball in the trophy case! Great memories of those Ken Byrd, Kim Bledsoe, and Kenny Dunlap coached squads.

Go a little further back ... this team used to go to Murfreesboro on a regular basis and has a gold ball in the trophy case! Great memories of those Ken Byrd, Kim Bledsoe, and Kenny Dunlap coached squads.

Aw yes...and the days when Walland, Friendsville,and Porter were regulars at State. Today this area is lucky to get a team to sub state. Not sure why this is, consolidation has played a part. Also this area until recently; has lagged behind other areas of the state in (AAU travel type ball). That's changed now and better days are ahead.

Maybe we can send some Blount Co girls down to Greenback and return to the glory days!

or...send some Greenback girls up here either way, just want to go Murf and see a local team.

Forgot about Everett, Lanier, and Townsend.oops