SULLIVAN SOUTH vs. ENKA (NC) ROUND 2

1UKCATS

I am just a football fan trying to get the season started early. How will Sullivan South be this year? I know that Enka (NC) lost there start QB and a ton of thier supporting skill position cast from this past season. Enka doesn't have coaching changes, how about Sullivan South? Do they still have the same coaches? It was a great game to watch last year. Did South graduate their QB or RB? I look for Enka to continue to spread it out and throw it around. I haven't seen them do anything different in 20 years. They have a QB who didn't play a snap last year and never started a JV game. BUT I have heard he is adequate and should grow as the year goes along. Who will be some playmakes for South? Lets get the discussion started.

I am just a football fan trying to get the season started early. How will Sullivan South be this year? I know that Enka (NC) lost there start QB and a ton of thier supporting skill position cast from this past season. Enka doesn't have coaching changes, how about Sullivan South? Do they still have the same coaches? It was a great game to watch last year. Did South graduate their QB or RB? I look for Enka to continue to spread it out and throw it around. I haven't seen them do anything different in 20 years. They have a QB who didn't play a snap last year and never started a JV game. BUT I have heard he is adequate and should grow as the year goes along. Who will be some playmakes for South? Lets get the discussion started.

South - 44

Enka - 0

Congrats WAKO for being so extraordinarily articulate. Good to see South is putting out some scholars who simply enlighten all our minds with such great info!

FYI, if you are really a Jet fan, Waco is really a Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett fan who enjoys reminding the South faithful that one of his favorite games of all time was a D-B win over South a few years back that was coincidentally a 44-0 score.

South will beat Enka this time around. But if, beyond all elementary comprehension, they have the same coaches this year they will stink it up again. Wins and Losses are of little importance with that bunch. Weird power and personality trips rule with little regard to the player. Sucks for the Rebels.

Edited by batmast

I will admit we don't have a clue in the secondary. That will be an issue. But I won't dog Hunter. Last year was too many people who could be but none who would be. It was, in fact, a coaches nightmare. Multiple QB's is never the solution. I know, I know...the cards fell in a strange wind. However, a hard decision befalls HJ once again. But the decision has most likely been made. Stacy chose Curt over Jake, which I disagreed with, however it proved to be a good longterm decision. One of those decisions that define a decision maker. The QB has to be set in stone and the only situation that benches him should be injury...heaven forbid. Quarterback High School needs to reclaim its rightful status. Inka? It was a bad time for me so I can't comment...except to say that South is packed this year. The secondary will tell the tale. If Hunter puts the ball in the air Rebel style then...let the party begin. The common consensus is that Enka took advantage of the home court. So be it. Sam will play it straight up...come what may. The gunpowder is being stockpiled, the Raven has his wings, and the coaches know what they have. Rebel Nation.

So South is stacked. Well Enka is young across the board. Graduated a lot last year. New QB and some new coaches. So what your saying South is going to be putting a lot of points on the board. I don't think there was any home cooking last year @ Enka. There were bad calls on both sides. Believe me everyone hates the refs in NC. We definently have the worst anywhere.

I will admit we don't have a clue in the secondary. That will be an issue. But I won't dog Hunter. Last year was too many people who could be but none who would be. It was, in fact, a coaches nightmare. Multiple QB's is never the solution. I know, I know...the cards fell in a strange wind. However, a hard decision befalls HJ once again. But the decision has most likely been made. Stacy chose Curt over Jake, which I disagreed with, however it proved to be a good longterm decision. One of those decisions that define a decision maker. The QB has to be set in stone and the only situation that benches him should be injury...heaven forbid. Quarterback High School needs to reclaim its rightful status. Inka? It was a bad time for me so I can't comment...except to say that South is packed this year. The secondary will tell the tale. If Hunter puts the ball in the air Rebel style then...let the party begin. The common consensus is that Enka took advantage of the home court. So be it. Sam will play it straight up...come what may. The gunpowder is being stockpiled, the Raven has his wings, and the coaches know what they have. Rebel Nation.

So South is stacked. Well Enka is young across the board. Graduated a lot last year. New QB and some new coaches. So what your saying South is going to be putting a lot of points on the board. I don't think there was any home cooking last year @ Enka. There were bad calls on both sides. Believe me everyone hates the refs in NC. We definently have the worst anywhere.

Your initial post said Enka doesn't have coaching changes. This one states they have some new coaches. Which is it?

You will find that there are a lot of rude, obnoxious know it all South fans on here. We are not all that way.

The QB that put up 500 yards on you last year and then barely took another snap all year, has graduated. Have not known who the QB's or RB's are for some time. Seems no one will know until right before kick off, if even then. The two solid DB's have graduated. The two on your right. Yeah, you figured it out and whooped South left all night. With that exception, you probably got the best game South played all last year and probably will again this year. Yep, same coaches.

South will beat Enka this time around. But if, beyond all elementary comprehension, they have the same coaches this year they will stink it up again. Wins and Losses are of little importance with that bunch. Weird power and personality trips rule with little regard to the player. Sucks for the Rebels.

Yes. Same coaches.

Wasn't South's overall record last year like 7-5?? Thats not a horrible year, at least in Enka's conference, because they have three teams that each year compete for the NC 3/4a State Championships. Enka graduated a few off of there defense, especially in the secondary. Should be interesting to see if they change anything on defense as far as scheme. I have heard they were going to a 4-4 look, but you never know what to believe.

DID SOUTH SCRIMMAGE YESTERDAY?? How did that go? I wish NC had Spring Ball

You will find that there are a lot of rude, obnoxious know it all South fans on here. We are not all that way.

The QB that put up 500 yards on you last year and then barely took another snap all year, has graduated. Have not known who the QB's or RB's are for some time. Seems no one will know until right before kick off, if even then. The two solid DB's have graduated. The two on your right. Yeah, you figured it out and whooped South left all night. With that exception, you probably got the best game South played all last year and probably will again this year. Yep, same coaches.

Wasn't South's overall record last year like 7-5?? Thats not a horrible year, at least in Enka's conference, because they have three teams that each year compete for the NC 3/4a State Championships. Enka graduated a few off of there defense, especially in the secondary. Should be interesting to see if they change anything on defense as far as scheme. I have heard they were going to a 4-4 look, but you never know what to believe.

DID SOUTH SCRIMMAGE YESTERDAY?? How did that go? I wish NC had Spring Ball

Very down conference. I believe 4 of the wins were against teams, that if they did not play each other, would be a combined 0-40. Won in OT in another 2, that should have been Ls.