A Highly Touted QB from PA already Grabbed up by Friendship

RUBlind!!!

Anyone have any news on the recruiting of the QB coming from PA? I hear he was zoned for Wilson Central High School. The kid has interest from several D1 Colleges. Friendship Christian already has him going to their school. I don't know what they told him but if he is as highly touted as I've heard by the list of colleges interested in him why Single A over 5A or whatever WCHS is. The level of play falls off quite a bit. If he plans to play for any of those colleges he should play against better d's than FCS will face. FCS is a single A power house no doubt about it and getting to kids like this before anyone else knows about them is how they will stay on top. Just hope if the kid is smart and parents too would consider what he'll gain by playing with Wilson Central over the lack of competition he'll face in 1A or whatever FCS plays in.

Anyways has anyone else heard of this kid??? I wish him the best where ever he goes! Always good to see a local kid go on to play at the college level. I know he may not be home grown but by what I hear he will be going on to play college football at a top tier school.

Anyone have any news on the recruiting of the QB coming from PA? I hear he was zoned for Wilson Central High School. The kid has interest from several D1 Colleges. Friendship Christian already has him going to their school. I don't know what they told him but if he is as highly touted as I've heard by the list of colleges interested in him why Single A over 5A or whatever WCHS is. The level of play falls off quite a bit. If he plans to play for any of those colleges he should play against better d's than FCS will face. FCS is a single A power house no doubt about it and getting to kids like this before anyone else knows about them is how they will stay on top. Just hope if the kid is smart and parents too would consider what he'll gain by playing with Wilson Central over the lack of competition he'll face in 1A or whatever FCS plays in.

Anyways has anyone else heard of this kid??? I wish him the best where ever he goes! Always good to see a local kid go on to play at the college level. I know he may not be home grown but by what I hear he will be going on to play college football at a top tier school.

The way I see it is this, he went to a small private school in PA, he moves to Wilson County and is looking for a small private school to go to. It just happens that we won the state last year and he walks in seeing the rings and says "I want one of those." we lucked up and won a championship at the perfect time. I'm not 100% sure about this but I don't think he was ever considering going to a public school. The school he went to in PA was smaller then friendship and he played against the same type of competition that we play against. Apparently the colleges aren't too worried about the type of defenses he will face. I'd say UCLA and Syracuse won't have a problem with him seeing the same type of competition that he has already seen

FCS is 2A. And if you can play they will find you trust me i know. i have been coaching this game for a long time.

Edited by three peet

You are correct that he came from a private Catholic school Pius. FCS is Church of Christ. Someone should tell him about Pope John Paul in Nashville. That would be more suitable to what he came from. Plus he might get to talk to a few kids that went there and went onto d1 schools. I think Golden Tate still lives close by. So if someone would help this family out about some of the private schools around here that might suite his spiritual needs they might point him in this direction.

You are correct that he came from a private Catholic school Pius. FCS is Church of Christ. Someone should tell him about Pope John Paul in Nashville. That would be more suitable to what he came from. Plus he might get to talk to a few kids that went there and went onto d1 schools. I think Golden Tate still lives close by. So if someone would help this family out about some of the private schools around here that might suite his spiritual needs they might point him in this direction.

No FCS is not church of Christ, we are non denominational. And yes he went to a catholic school so does that automatically mean he is catholic ? Im not too sure. If he wants to win then FCS is a better place to go then JPII. And JPII is not in Nashville.

Edited by CommanderMan

No FCS is not church of Christ, we are non denominational. And yes he went to a catholic school so does that automatically mean he is catholic ? Im not too sure. If he wants to win then FCS is a better place to go then JPII. And JPII is not in Nashville.

But it's really really close...

Calmn down coach. I know this was a secret that you didn't want out but this kid is big news. He would help WCHS where he is zoned and of course your team as well. Im just saying I hope someone told him about JP2 b/c they can give money to kids to play there and they are not bad either. With him they would be better. Just think the kid should check them out before going to your non denominational upper middle class private school.

When did they leave their Church of Christ background????

Really though someone that knows this kid let them know about JP2.

Calmn down coach. I know this was a secret that you didn't want out but this kid is big news. He would help WCHS where he is zoned and of course your team as well. Im just saying I hope someone told him about JP2 b/c they can give money to kids to play there and they are not bad either. With him they would be better. Just think the kid should check them out before going to your non denominational upper middle class private school.

When did they leave their Church of Christ background????

Really though someone that knows this kid let them know about JP2.

He may be leery about attending another school like JP2. If you know what I mean! :flower:

I assure you he will be picking some grass out of his face mask against a few of the defenses he will face in 1a and 2a in the regular season, Gordonsville and Trouserdale County. He should run into a couple in the playoffs as well. There are plenty of weak defenses in 6a.

Amen A.J.Long is his name 6'0 176 thats what scout.com has him listed at.

Rumor is that the kid was with the baseball team at the state tournament........REAL FUNNY I SMELL A RAT! also in the lehigh valley digest paper his old coach said he left with out taking his final exams. TSSAA better look at this.... But i forgot its FCS they do what they want.. PRICELESS.