District 8AA top dogs this year

ballzqueen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought...by the time the tournaments get here, Upperman might be a really tough team to deal with. They are very young. However, Coach Dodgen and Coach Riddle are very good and prepare even better. I think Central will be a tough out as well, and I should say that I expect an all 8AA region Semi/Finals games(s).

No way....the only team that is weaker seems to be Upperman...and I think they will get much better as the year progresses.

Agreed! I think as a whole, the district is better. It's comparable to the SEC in football. They beat each other up and the scores are usually close. But when they play someone else, BANG...big numbers. I don't think CC is head and shoulders above the rest although I have said many times that they should be the favorite with 95% of their 2011-2012 scoring back...but not head and shoulders.

I will actually agree TO AN EXTENT that Cannon is above the rest. They aren't unstoppable, but man are they good. I was extremely impressed with their defense, ball movement, shooting.. Heck everything. It's very obvious they have good coaching. There are teams that could knock them off on a good night, but it would take a very good game from them. I think the team right behind them has to be LA, and maybe DC playing them to OT was just a fluke, but Cannon ran us out of the gym. I was impressed to see Cannon's composure. We were down bad enough people were getting restless. Third quarter starts and next thing you know DC had cut the lead to 9, what did Cannon do.. They stay calm and kept doing what worked for them and the score jumps up to a 30 point lead out of nowhere. I didn't see the kind of defense from LA, or anyone else for that matter that I did from Cannon.

District may be a llittle weaker yes, but I do not believe by very much. I think the boy's is incredibly tough, especially after Smith boys get healthy. Back to the girls, LA and Cannon are hands down the cream of the crop. However, what makes it interesting is York. Central Mag, DC, and Smith could all slip on the top 2 on any given night. This year is and will continue to be fun to watch!