District 4-AAA

ladyadmirals

How does the district look for 2012-13 season with all the coach changes? Who lost key players to graduation? Who will stand out at which school? Any incoming stand out freshman? Any teams with injuries that will impact season? Predictions on who will take it all this year? Where are teams playing at for summer camps?

How does the district look for 2012-13 season with all the coach changes? Who lost key players to graduation? Who will stand out at which school? Any incoming stand out freshman? Any teams with injuries that will impact season? Predictions on who will take it all this year? Where are teams playing at for summer camps?

Bearden is getting an influx of young talent coming in... practically a whole AAU team has transferred in as 9th graders.

Bearded does a group of young players, Walsh is very very good, but she is the only one who can score. Both of their point guards are pretty weak.

Farragut looked very strong and deep, pressed the entire game, will be very good . They are tall at all spots.

Maryville is smaller but all the girls are working hard and they are scrappy.

William Blount looks like they will struggle , might be a team that gets better as the season progresses .

Heritage will be better , they are young and scrappy shoot a lot of 3s and physical defense

Bearded does a group of young players, Walsh is very very good, but she is the only one who can score. Both of their point guards are pretty weak.

Farragut looked very strong and deep, pressed the entire game, will be very good . They are tall at all spots.

William Blount looks like they will struggle , might be a team that gets better as the season progresses .

Heritage will be better , they are young and scrappy shoot a lot of 3s and physical defense

Only got glimpses of these but I agree with this early outlook.

Farragut is a level above. Maybe way above.

Maryville may be better without relying on Maples.

Heritage will be the same....spreadout and hope the 3's drop.

Bearden is down from last year.

William Blount is down, way down.

Have not seen Catholic , West,or Lenoir City.

Don't think any are close to Farragut.

Course it's 6 mo till district play....alot could change!

1. Farragut- will be strong(next couple years)

2. Catholic -this could be their year

3. Maryville- agree (scrappy)

4. Bearden, L C, West- whoever has strongest point guard- agree Bearden's points are weak this year

5. Heritage - William Blount - could go either way

1. Farragut- will be strong(next couple years)

2. Catholic -this could be their year

3. Maryville- agree (scrappy)

4. Bearden, L C, West- whoever has strongest point guard- agree Bearden's points are weak this year

5. Heritage - William Blount - could go either way

I would hold off on the Catholic predictions. They were supposed to be the sleeper team last year and didn't finish well and they have never won a single District 4AAA tourney game so let's slow down, I have a hard time putting them ahead of teams like bearden and Maryville .

I would hold off on the Catholic predictions. They were supposed to be the sleeper team last year and didn't finish well and they have never won a single District 4AAA tourney game so let's slow down, I have a hard time putting them ahead of teams like bearden and Maryville .

Well Bearden lost their driving force in the point guard position ( Jai Jai). Maryville lost strong post (Maples). I would not count Catholic out, they might surprise you , this should be a strong year for them. They have a lot of senior class this year. I guess we will have to wait and see how it all shakes out. The only team, I can say should be very dominate is, Farragut.

Edited by u2bballnow

Well Bearden lost their driving force in the point guard position ( Jai Jai). Maryville lost strong post (Maples). I would not count Catholic out, they might surprise you , this should be a strong year for them. They have a lot of senior class this year. I guess we will have to wait and see how it all shakes out. The only team, I can say should be very dominate is, Farragut.

I agree that they bring back some seniors but those seniors have never really won...is there a player on Catholics roster you would take over Walsh at Bearden or Bangesh at Maryville ? I can't think of one. Both of those kids will be all district , just saying that a year older always isn't a year better. However I do think Catholic will be right in the thick of things in the middle fighting for 4th hopefully better.

I agree that they bring back some seniors but those seniors have never really won...is there a player on Catholics roster you would take over Walsh at Bearden or Bangesh at Maryville ? I can't think of one. Both of those kids will be all district , just saying that a year older always isn't a year better. However I do think Catholic will be right in the thick of things in the middle fighting for 4th hopefully better.

Agree, one year or even two years older does not always make a better player. I have seen freshmen sit the bench, that were as good or better than older girls on the court. Walsh and Bangesh are both good players, but it usually takes more than one player to carry a team, unless you are Lebron James. If I recall correct, Bearden beat Catholic by 12 and by only 4 in one game, this with a very strong pt guard. Maryville also won by 12 and then blew them out by, I think 25 or so. I just think they will give everyone a better game than you might think. I am just basing my thoughts on this with what I saw last season. Well we won't know for sure for what 5 or 6 months.

I don't think anybody can make a prediction on how Catholic will do since so many of their players were out with injuries last year with some out all year nobody has really seen the entire team as a team. However, I have to admit even down on injuries what I saw last year was some strong defense. Can they compete fully loaded with all players healthy? Interesting to see if they can. I've only seen a few teams at camps looks like Farragut has strongest team so far. I have not seen Catholic, West, or Lenoir City in camps playing yet.

I don't think anybody can make a prediction on how Catholic will do since so many of their players were out with injuries last year with some out all year nobody has really seen the entire team as a team. However, I have to admit even down on injuries what I saw last year was some strong defense. Can they compete fully loaded with all players healthy? Interesting to see if they can. I've only seen a few teams at camps looks like Farragut has strongest team so far. I have not seen Catholic, West, or Lenoir City in camps playing yet.

If everyone on Catholic stays healthy , they will compete. Might not be strong enough to overcome Farragut, but they will give everyone else a run for it.

• 2 weeks later...

If everyone on Catholic stays healthy , they will compete. Might not be strong enough to overcome Farragut, but they will give everyone else a run for it.

With the Dead Period Officially about to start (for most programs) which teams set themselves apart this summer. I heard Farragut did very well at MTSU. I know Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, and Catholic all went to the Mid-State to get different/better competition. I wonder how they did?