District 4-AAA

ladyadmirals

I don't think Catholic has shown its true colors. I think down the stretch they will have a good run. Too many good players on that team

No consistency on offense. They play hard and play very good defense. I think Farragut only scored 6 field goals against them. They have been doomed with too many 3-4 point quarters offensively and dig themselves a deep hole.

I thought Catholic was actually going to beat our Lady Admirals. It was a very good game. The problem I see with the Catholic team is PG who can't see the floor or open players dribbling in with head down and not enough passing. Not feeding the post who is consistenly posting up. Not utilizing talented underclassman enough. I don't rule out Catholic in playoffs if they can be more consistent. Defensively strong team.

I thought Catholic was actually going to beat our Lady Admirals. It was a very good game. The problem I see with the Catholic team is PG who can't see the floor or open players dribbling in with head down and not enough passing. Not feeding the post who is consistenly posting up. Not utilizing talented underclassman enough. I don't rule out Catholic in playoffs if they can be more consistent. Defensively strong team.

Pretty good assessment. Hard to utilize talented underclassmen when they won't/don't take open shots. Post haven't been consistent finishing and have struggled at times to catch the ball.

If they could knock down some shots, they could pull off some upsets. Defense has been good enough to get a signature win against both Farragut and Maryville. Tough to "learn" how to win in this district.

There were 4 divisions

Riverdale won the RED division

Blackman won the GREEN division

Knoxville Webb won the WHITE division

Farragut won the SILVER division

With Bolingbrook IL also being in the RED division, my guess is that division was the toughest, followed by GREEN, WHITE then SILVER - but that's just a hunch as I'm not familiar with a lot of the out of state teams present.

It is sad that the usual nabobs of negativism choose to attack the Lady Admirals than to celebrate the fact that Tennessee teams won every division of one of the leading holiday tournaments in the Southeast this year! As you can see from the story about the finals on the Peachstatebasketball.com website, it was a great tournament and every division had strong teams. ...

I was not able to say whether there was any clear difference in the divisions. All had DI athletes and good coaches. It's just that our Tennessee girls were clearly the best. Coach Mayfield showed why he will be Coach of the Year in his first season at Farragut. Farragut's veteran team was completely dominant.

As we shall be throughout the season. That is why everyone knows that--

The Lady Ads Always Win with Class--and Look Great While Doing It!

Edited by ladadad
  • Upvote 1

Coach Mayfield , will be coach of the year , if Farragut wins the District. It could just as easily go to Catholic's head coach or Bearden's, Heritage, Maryville, Lenoir City, William Blount, or West.

Do not count the District win before you actually get it. I believe you said Farragut would win it last year and that did not work out for you. It's wide open.

Lads dad, I am a Catholic fan, but I see potential in other teams. I was not bragging about Heritage, but only speaking of their potential. Your lambasting of other teams in the district is unnecessary. Every team can be beaten, even the best team. You did get one thing right, Farragut is and has always had class. You sir have no class. People reading your comments will pull for Farragut to be beaten. I sir will not be one of those. I will pull for our district teams to improve to their top potential and send 4 teams into tournaments with clads