Whitwell vs. Monterey

Shadrick69

Monterey will also be well prepared. They are looking for payback from last year when Whittwell beat them twice and knocked them out of going to the second round of the playoffs.I think if the big offensive and deffensive line of Monterey control the line of scrimmage then the Wildcats will win.M-28 W-17

Tell me if I am right on this one. Whitwell and Monterey play Friday. If Whitwell was to beat S.Pittsburg in week 9 then they would host Monterey in the 1st round since Monterey is going to finish 3rd in their region? If South Pittsburg beats Whitwell next week then S.Pitt finishes 2nd in the region and hosts Monterey in the first round of the playoffs while the loser of So Pitt/Whitwell gets to go to Friendship Christian. Is this how it will work out?

Posted by 1AFAN:

Tell me if I am right on this one. Whitwell and Monterey play Friday. If Whitwell was to beat S.Pittsburg in week 9 then they would host Monterey in the 1st round since Monterey is going to finish 3rd in their region? If South Pittsburg beats Whitwell next week then S.Pitt finishes 2nd in the region and hosts Monterey in the first round of the playoffs while the loser of So Pitt/Whitwell gets to go to Friendship Christian. Is this how it will work out?

Assuming #1 plays #4, #2 plays #3, etc... Here is how I would see the matchups after WHS/SP go at it:

If SP wins:

Region 4     ÿ ÿ Region 3

(1) Gordonsville vs (4) Copper Basin

(2) Friendship vs (3) Whitwell

(3) Monterrey vs (2) S. Pitt

(4) Watertown vs (1) Boyd Buc.

If Whitwell wins:

Region 4     ÿ ÿ Region 3

(1) Gordonsville vs (4) Copper Basin

(2) Friendship vs (3) S. Pitt

(3) Monterrey vs (2) Whitwell

(4) Watertown vs (1) Boyd Buc.

This is only a guess.. I'm not dialed in up there like I would like to be. This is my prediction based on how I think things will turn out on the last 2 weeks of the season. As much as I hate to say it, I think S. Pitt will beat Whitwell. This also assumes Monterrey beats Celina, Friendship beats Watertown, and Gordonsville beats Red Boiling Springs.

The Whitwell/Friendship matchup looks interesting. Does anyone know how the brackets are laid out? Is it possible to see a S. Pitt/BB rematch early in the playoffs?

Oh, BTW.. Friday, Whitwell 31, Monterrey 21

[Edited by WhitVol on 10-23-02 3:30P]

If I am not mistaken, the earliest that Boyd Buchanan and South Pitt. could meet in the playoffs is the Quarterfinals (3rd Round). This is all based on things working out the way Whitvol has them, which I believe will happen. Of course you have three interesting matchups with Gordonsville v. South Pitt. in the 2nd Round, and Boyd v. FCS/Whitwell winner. There is nothing like the playoffs!