Houston County Football

jettjuice27

Guest RebelsRadio
Posted by jettjuice27:

houston county gets their first win off of dover 27-13. they will travel to lebanon to take of friendship christian this friday. :)

~*hey rebelsradio i thought you said that HC couldnt stop the run?*~

Hey JettJuice, did you see the stat sheet, you did not stop the run, we outrushed you in the game. Roby was 14 of 16 on the night if I remember right. And I have to say this, you won, and congrats on your first win, but if Kyle Humphreys does not get hurt, we have 1st and goal at the 7 yard line late inteh third quarter, and at that time we are only down 6, so I think with a completely healthy team, the outcome would have been different, but those are the breaks, and congrats again.

[Edited by RebelsRadio on 10-22-02 8:33A]

First off Roby was 16 for 18..so i doubt that your running stats were 2 correct either, since most of them was brigham scrambling away from the IRISH pass rush.....Yeah i dont agree with humphrey leaving the game had anything to do with it and if he really wanted it bad enough ,he would of stayed out there.AND im sorry that he didnt get the birthday present that he wished for in the paper..All that matters is that we won the game and that we didnt talk crap while we were doing it.Sophomore RB/LB #4

Guest RebelsRadio

I believe I have rattled some cages here, so let us step back and realize that this board is for good natured fun, a little ribbing during game week, and that is it. When you start getting personally offended and start calling people out, that is just ...well I am at a loss for words. Yes, Houston County got us last week, great, I personally think it would have been different if we play at full strength the entire night, but you are right Tate and Russ, games are not if, ands, or buts, they are games. And that is what these posts are, games, so step back and calm down. And " that school you get on here and talk crap about", I have no affiliation with the school other than being an employee of the radio station, and that is the school they tell me to go cover. And I do not believe I have ever put down any other school we have played, or will I ever because I realize these are kids playing a game.

As for last weeks win, congrats. But this is a new week, and I would go and concentrate on Friendship, a team at 5-3 that is in the hunt for a state playoff position at second in their region. Just a heads up, they beat Westmoreland, actually shut out Westmoreland, a team you guys lost to 31-17 (and before you get back on your high horse, yes, Stewart County also lost to them 42-22.) So good luck this week, I think you guys can go 2-8, as do I think the Rebels can go 2-8, but the Border war week is over, so let us all just move on!

[Edited by RebelsRadio on 10-22-02 8:46A]

Guest RebelsRadio
Posted by GotGame:

First of i want to address to the post that smaug made. You have no idea what this rival means.. And about the coach issue he is a great coach he brought something to houston county that hasnt been there in a long time(winning).Whoever you are ,i dont know but i know this much that he probably doesnt likke you either. now to you rebels radio, First off are you sure taht you have nothing to do with the school??Just a rumor that i heard is that you were the boys basketball coach. Any ways to other issues you got all upset about tate stating something about humphrey , but before you edited your first message wasnt there something about roby on drugs (i mean YOUR BOY roby).??Yes i do agree though this is a great website, it is for talking about the great game of football..But your the one who really started the talknig and now you are saying that we should quit??Plus what if you guys would of won you would of never quit talking about it..But to moving on were doing that ,were getting ready for friendship...By the way for everyone info the jv game was palyed last night at houston county and i think the score ended up like 27-0..Hey do you rr or anyone know if that was all there sophmores 2 or not?RB/CB #33

RebelsRadio is me, Brian, like I said before, I have no affiliation with Stewart County High School. I am a part time employee of WTPR 101.5 FM out of Paris, TN. So if you want to run and call someone to complain again, that is who you call. My bosses name is Terry, and the number is in the book. Coach Smith is my broadcast partner during football, and he has never said one cross word about any kid that is playing any sport to me, and I doubt very seriously if he ever has to anyone else.

Yeah, I made a comment about a kid who should have been kicked out of school, and due to his athletic ability, was allowed back in. Personally I think that is wrong. But I do not run your system. So come at me with everything you got. Call me what you want, make me your marter for the year if you want, Heck, post all of this on your lockerroom walls if you want to. This, again, is a web site for good natured fun. If it hits home a little to deep, then either you are taking a web board a little to seriously and you need to get a life.

This is the last post I will post in this chain. I have a game to get ready for on Friday night against Celina, and hope everyone else will do the same, and move on.

Personal Experience with PW gives me the right to discuss his demeanor. He is very unsportsmanlike (especially after a loss). I have experienced this myself and witnessed it on game films with other teams. I also know the coaches at SC and know that they on the other hand are great people.

Wait another year or two and everyone in Erin will agree with me. (I am sure most of them do already.)

ok, first off Rebs Radio if you even knew how he got caught or what went on while he got charged....you would know that it was in no way his fault...and there was nothing he could have done...so therefore you need to SHUT UP!!b/c the punishment was by far way to severe...and a smart man once told me "If you dont talk people wont know that your stupid". Maybe you should take that to heart big man.But anyways i guess we will cya next year at our place...that is if you come to announce since you dont approve of anything we do...but go ahead keep tryin to find faults in us....and go on w/ your sad life...and quit being so jealous of what we got that SC doesnt have...but we will cya then ...and please leave us alone NO ONE is perfect even you....later dude....Sophomore RB/LB #4