Elizabethton Fire Bugs

wcdogs

What is not being told is that the incident of verbal assault in the parking lot actually was started in gym by the Ehs fans unhappy about the technicals. As they were in the gym and leaving ..they started it. Poor examples for the parents. They deserved what they got in the parking lot. Officiating was not any worse than elizabethans own Christmas tourney last year. Its bad all over..especially in summer. But as coaches and as parents you have to show discipline as that is part of it.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear that sparky im sharpening my axe lol no axe to grind your 'staff' makes it too easy. Got an update from the traveling roadshow that is ehs girls bball from mtsu. With betsy up 17 their post gets fouled at the buzzer. Game over right? I mean its just camp and the margin of victory isn't in doubt. No it not Coach len proceeds to chase down the refs wanting the 2 ft's. The ref say no game over. Not good enough as he proceeds to go back to his bench grab a ball and make his player shoot the free throws! The antics of the ehs staff is comical and somewhat embarrassing.No i wasnt at that camp but when coaches tell me and fans there say it well good enough. Guess you didn't have your glasses on for that or maybe you were in the tunnel. Sorry did i say glasses meant 'blinders'. just kidding sparky i commend your loyalty and for standing up for your old school and coach.

I challenge you all to do something - print off your posts and in 5 years when your child has graduated and gone, re-read what you have written. You will have an entirely new perspective on this after being away from it for a few years - these are summer camps people ! When I grew up, parents were not allowed to even attend camps as they were used as teaching tools....games would stop, coaches would come on floor, line kids up to tell them how/why they ran the play wrong, and TEACH them how to run it correctly.

It may be time to go back that route. I will agree that the refs have been allowed to go downhill over the last few years - there are some exceptions, but the majority of them never cross half court and sometimes never get past the opposite court free throw line---and I want even go to the texting while "calling" the game.

Kids deserve better - FROM ALL OF US.

I challenge you all to do something - print off your posts and in 5 years when your child has graduated and gone, re-read what you have written. You will have an entirely new perspective on this after being away from it for a few years - these are summer camps people ! When I grew up, parents were not allowed to even attend camps as they were used as teaching tools....games would stop, coaches would come on floor, line kids up to tell them how/why they ran the play wrong, and TEACH them how to run it correctly.

It may be time to go back that route. I will agree that the refs have been allowed to go downhill over the last few years - there are some exceptions, but the majority of them never cross half court and sometimes never get past the opposite court free throw line---and I want even go to the texting while "calling" the game.

Kids deserve better - FROM ALL OF US.

Well said. We need to stop being helicopter parents and let our kids fall and get back up again on their own. Big deal the refs were bad. They are most of the time. The outcome of this summer scrimmage meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. However, due to the actions taken after the game, it does mean something now because a felony has occurred. No matter if anyone from E-Town pulled the fire alarm, the perception is still there. They (fans and coaches) acted like small children and then a fire alram is pulled. What do you think it looks like from an innocent by standard?

But again, its just a dang summer scrimmage game. The juice aint worth the squeeze my friends. Your heart and blood pressure would agree.