Coach Brooks (kbrks)

BigENS

Would love to hear the story of how Coach Maddux was named the new coach and any other insight you can give on the inner workings of CPA. Maybe you can fill us in on what Drew does within the admissions office and how that directly relates to his basketball team. Any insight would be appreciated. :thumb:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to hear the story of how Coach Maddux was named the new coach and any other insight you can give on the inner workings of CPA. Maybe you can fill us in on what Drew does within the admissions office and how that directly relates to his basketball team. Any insight would be appreciated. :thumb:

Just go back to last February/March and check his posts. He has no lack of desire to share his story and infinite wisdom.

Let me think about that one a bit and DAD1 is correct, many elements have been posted.

AD's son played for Maddux in middle school, and the team was successful. AD wanted the team and his son to continue playing for Maddux. Somebody had to go for that to happen. That's the simple explanation for the change.

Simple yes, but not very thorough because it was and became much more complex. I'll throw in a couple of tidbits to add to the simple. First the AD and administration states my not being renewed and the hiring of Maddux had nothing to do with the other so now we have a dilemma. Is what you say is true or what the AD and administration say is true hmmmm.... And if the AD and/or the administration is not being truthful, what does that mean or say to the rest of us? You may be in a position to now state how you know what you said to be true. Second, how many of that team continued playing until they were seniors, exactly one - the AD's son so doesn't appear things went according to the initial plan which I have always found interesting.

Oh please do, I can't wait to hear this bitter spin again.

“Bitter, loser, no integrity, failure, failed coach, marginal coach, ex-coach, no coach, etc.†I love it, because all it shows that you and 2 or 3 others really have nothing to say to offer any type of proof of your side of the issue. All this little group does is simply use the age old ploy “since we can’t prove our point with facts or truth then we must attack the character,†much like untrustworthy politicians or lawyers who use that ploy because winning is all that matters. Sorry, never works, people see right through it and all it proves is that you’ve lost the debate on the issues. So please, for my sake of the debate/argument (as well as others that are like minded), keep on doing what you are doing.

From the outside looking in; I saw CPA get beat in the state semis one year, lose to a good Wayne Co. Team in the sectionals the next year, the next year, they were reclassified because of the multiplier played up with one senior and a bunch of freshmen (excluding Z Mason). They naturally struggled.

Edited by CoachF

“Bitter, loser, no integrity, failure, failed coach, marginal coach, ex-coach, no coach, etc.†I love it, because all it shows that you and 2 or 3 others really have nothing to say to offer any type of proof of your side of the issue. All this little group does is simply use the age old ploy “since we can’t prove our point with facts or truth then we must attack the character,†much like untrustworthy politicians or lawyers who use that ploy because winning is all that matters. Sorry, never works, people see right through it and all it proves is that you’ve lost the debate on the issues. So please, for my sake of the debate/argument (as well as others that are like minded), keep on doing what you are doing.

Tried to warn you......

Tried to warn you......

All I know is that this guy who used to call himself a coach and for some reason can't find work in the field still likes to dream.... much like a 8 year old does about being a super hero......but only to realize they aren't real......unfortunately......it becomes a bitter tale of false hope and blame.......seems this guy who thought he was a coach....but can't even hold a job.....should re-think he motives on life in general.....

All I know is that this guy who used to call himself a coach and for some reason can't find work in the field still likes to dream.... much like a 8 year old does about being a super hero......but only to realize they aren't real......unfortunately......it becomes a bitter tale of false hope and blame.......seems this guy who thought he was a coach....but can't even hold a job.....should re-think he motives on life in general.....

Harsh words. Are you an adult with a sad little life? Kbrks has basketball knowledge and certainly did better than the AD who was the previous coach.