Cleveland Football

Cleveland has good talant coming back. And they have some good looking kids moving into starting roles. But could the fandom be expected too much with a new staff and going to a new system the first year? Some of what I read seems to indicate that.

I like the coaching change being an upgrade, but not sure it's going to produce an instant about face and winning 10 games. ;)

Adam Renshaw new oc is a great man ..my grandson played for him 4 years at Dyer County ..knows the spread o yall most likely will be runnin very well ..Ill be keepin up with the Raiders ,..

DHS

that is great to hear...after reading your post, i looked at Coach Renshaw's record at Dyer Co, and his record as a 5A head coach there is pretty salty! :popcorneater:

Edited by oldschoolraider

Cleveland has good talant coming back. And they have some good looking kids moving into starting roles. But could the fandom be expected too much with a new staff and going to a new system the first year? Some of what I read seems to indicate that.

I like the coaching change being an upgrade, but not sure it's going to produce an instant about face and winning 10 games. ;)

alt1958

i agree...this year (record wise) will still look rough with a tough schedule...but this new excitement leaves us fans at ease knowing the program is heading in the right direction

the wins and losses will come

DHS

that is great to hear...after reading your post, i looked at Coach Renshaw's record at Dyer Co, and his record as a 5A head coach there is pretty salty! :popcorneater:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes pretty good after installing the spread..years before were not as good with a run 1st 'O' ,also most kids went to Dyereburg at the time..going to the spread was a tremdous bonus to the progtram ..he is a wonderful person..

Ingram is there...none of the other names ring a bell.

Checkerboard...you are right

i ran into a player at church yesterday...he confirmed...

It's Coach Ingram and Coach Weir

Weir left Coach Greene's Rhea Co staff after spring to join Crawford's new staff

im just glad to see the program using old players/coaches from the past

1 post about Coach Crawford

0.5 day later... 2 dads of former players of Crawford are on Cleveland Thread showing support for him.

Thanks guys, those were 1st class posts.

and we are starting to see his work take form w/ the program

I'm one of the dad's and by chance I stayed in your town Saturday night. After Ron took the job I talked to him and he told me about the Baldheaded Bistro....I had to try it.....superb!!!! You have a great football coach and a great restaurant! I'll be back to visit both!

DAD1, from your earlier post it is apparent your son was one of the ones that beat my son. I still think he has Rankin's number when it comes to games, like Rankin had Shad's number.

I just wish he had gotten Blackman, like he should have.

That was a special year for us. I'm glad that was the year we got Rdale...maybe a little down. The job Crawford did, especially in the playoffs, was special.....of course us having an NFL OC didn't hurt. Cleveland will not realize how good Crawford is until they make the playoffs. He is a different coach in post season...really special. I guess he got some of that at Riverdale. How many championships would he have had with the tallent at Blackmon over the years? I have no doubt he will be successful in Cleveland...good tradition and from what he says he has good administrative support. Sounds like a really good combination. Go Cleveland!

• 2 weeks later...