who will win the big wartburg vs. o.s.?

17bulldogs

I go away for a week and look what happens to this post ........... I use to be the #1 target of being the culprit for this kind of talk.

Flood City's QB Whalen will Mozy down the pasture and lead the Bobcats to 3 touchdowns in a 24-14 win against Wartburg. How are the bittles at the Town store/conncession store?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They gots one of them fancy restaurants (Hardees) across the street from the stadium and rumor has it that they have a $6 burger for just $3.95. Maybe KingBrian can verify the prices at the eating establishments.

Back to the game- OS91 and I have battled back and forth about this game all year. Early in the season, I felt Wartburg would win due to experience, but they didn't play well. By midseason, I started leaning toward OS because they play well as a team, but now the Dawgs are playing better. In all honesty, I think it's a tossup and 21 points will win it and 14 might even be enough. The question is can OS score more than 7? That seems to be their magic number. Also can Wartburg score on the Bobcats defense? Turnovers will probably be the key. Look for a short field TD to decide the game.

I was told by the Soldiers Memorial Middle School coach--feeder for Claiborne Co HS the names will be as follows:

Claiborne County High School will be called just plain ole Claiborne High.

Powell Valley & Forge Ridge will be combined to form Cumberland Gap High School.

[Edited by TheAnswer9 on 11-1-02 10:50A]

Most guys that played for Hackworth were good ballplayers. Too bad a few players and parents (you probably know the story) had their way my Junior season. The only regret I have is not leaving the BBall program at OS when he did. No offense to Bill (Adolf) Brown, but....I never recovered from the way Hackworth was treated.

When the players on that 92-93 team voted for a "captain" to approach Hackworth about changing his style of play...I believe I was the "only one" who voted against it. There was possibly another Norwood boy who voted against but...I know I did!!

I was so disappointed to see him go. It nearly killed me--not literally, but you know what I mean.

Agreed Matt, I have alot of respect for Coach Hackworth. I do think he would probably still be coach if Terry Hacker would have taken over principal sooner. OS has had a merry go round when it comes to boys basketball coaches with I believe 6 since Hackworth left in 93. Unlike the coaches the preceded him, Hackworth would have stayed loyal to the Bobcat program and came the closest to leading the purple and gold to the promised land with a state runner team in 88.

They have had 5 coaches in the 10yrs since Hackworth left. He left about 7-8 games into the 92-93 season so...since then I came up with 5 coaches.

Bill Brown coached for 1 1/2yrs

Stan Ballard coached for 3yrs

Scott Cupp coached for 1yr

Mark Castleberry coached for 3yrs

The new guy from Seymour starting right now!!

The wheels on the bus go round and round!!

[Edited by TheAnswer9 on 11-1-02 9:52P]