The Warriors Look to Rebound

OLD PIRATE

The warriors will be much improved. You heard it here first. They will win a minimum of 6 games

Pretty Bold Statement. Not saying they won't, I don't know their full schedule this year, but one to six isn't easy. Maybe they have put the right people in place and will surprise, but it usually takes at least a couple of years.

Pretty Bold Statement. Not saying they won't, I don't know their full schedule this year, but one to six isn't easy. Maybe they have put the right people in place and will surprise, but it usually takes at least a couple of years.

I think its more about who they play. It is a bold statement, but its not impossible. I dont think it will happen, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know they will be glad after the SP week is over with.

I think its more about who they play. It is a bold statement, but its not impossible. I dont think it will happen, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know they will be glad after the SP week is over with.

Thanks for letting us know that we werent a good team last year. Not sure we knew, so we appreciate your genius insight, another in the line of many.

BigJ , let me ask you a question. Is that McCurry man making his runners chase chickens like Grider does ours? Grider makes our boys chase chickens and it makes them real fast for the games on Friday. Let me ask you another question. How much weights can your strongest boy on the team lift? Grider is going to have to get our blockers real big before the season starts or we will not be able to nock holes for our runners to run through. You think im joking but im not.

It Can be done if you have the talent and the Coaching. Sequatchie County went 1-19 couple years ago, and they hired Chad Barger. First year he Jumped them to 6 wins with a 6-5 record( Thats with Playing Boyd, Tyner, and When Marion had Joe Muir). Overall past 4 years he has racked up a 27-18 record, and a first Round Playoff win. It can be done.

Edited by DefMinded

BigJ , let me ask you a question. Is that McCurry man making his runners chase chickens like Grider does ours? Grider makes our boys chase chickens and it makes them real fast for the games on Friday. Let me ask you another question. How much weights can your strongest boy on the team lift? Grider is going to have to get our blockers real big before the season starts or we will not be able to nock holes for our runners to run through. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, Old Pirate says coach Vic ain't took heed to chasing them chickens yet! Recon it could be sound advise thou. Doubt the fellers from Jasvegas would have much luck either a catching them chickens.

Your joking. I will make sure that Purplegrad man gets that McCurry man to take care of it.

You ain't gonna "make sure" Purplegrad does anything... and I have nothing whatsoever to do with the football program this year... in the past 8 years I have been part of the broadcast team and was in the press box for every game. But, times they are a changing and I'm going into retirement... I'll be just an average fan sitting in the bleachers, watching my senior kid perform... Like BigJ said, MC will be much improved from last year, some of that due in part to Coach Mac, some of that due to player maturity and some in part to quality younger players... I'm looking forward to getting to sit in the bleachers and be a fan instead of having to work every game... See everyone at the Jamboree...

Bill has hung up the whistle. I don't know much about the going-ons down in Jasper these days I have a new job in the northern part of the county. Good luck to the young fellers wearing the purple and white. I am sure some of the coaches from down that way are on this thread however.

Bill... I bet it won't be long until you get that itch to be back out there coaching them big uglies... You won't be able to stay away from it that long... Good luck in your new duties... Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you...

Bill... I bet it won't be long until you get that itch to be back out there coaching them big uglies... You won't be able to stay away from it that long... Good luck in your new duties... Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you...

Yes I miss those lineman. You don't coach those kids 23 years and not miss them when you move on to other opportunities. I did not want to short change coaching and my administrative duties so I had to make a choice. I was questioned about doing both but I had to make a choice.

Purplegrad knows me all to well. I am happy that you are going to be able to enjoy that senior year in the stands. I know how important that is I have a freshman doing a different sport that I intend on enjoy watching play.