The Warriors Look to Rebound

OLD PIRATE

Thank you Purplegrad!!

Yes I miss those lineman. You don't coach those kids 23 years and not miss them when you move on to other opportunities. I did not want to short change coaching and my administrative duties so I had to make a choice. I was questioned about doing both but I had to make a choice.

Purplegrad knows me all to well. I am happy that you are going to be able to enjoy that senior year in the stands. I know how important that is I have a freshman doing a different sport that I intend on enjoy watching play.

You ain't gonna "make sure" Purplegrad does anything... and I have nothing whatsoever to do with the football program this year... in the past 8 years I have been part of the broadcast team and was in the press box for every game. But, times they are a changing and I'm going into retirement... I'll be just an average fan sitting in the bleachers, watching my senior kid perform... Like BigJ said, MC will be much improved from last year, some of that due in part to Coach Mac, some of that due to player maturity and some in part to quality younger players... I'm looking forward to getting to sit in the bleachers and be a fan instead of having to work every game... See everyone at the Jamboree...

Purplegrad, what kind of mess is this? You told me you would make sure that McCurry man turns in his survey for my Murphy Fair book since you were a coach. You can't back out on me now. You just make sure this McCurry man turns in his survey every year for my Murphy Fair book. A few years ago, you let down on the job and that Beck man didn't turn in his survey.

Just want to wish Jasper luck this year. I just want to see things get back to a little more the norm and that means the Pirates and Jasper running things around here and that means kicking Signal and anyone else who comes into the valleys behind right out of here.

they have one tough game this year thats SP of course... if they can stay healthy they are good to go specially Eric Qualls

I agree that SP will be the toughest game they play, but don't forget about Hixson and Sequatchie County. You never know about Hixson. Every few years they come up with a good team. 7-3 at worst for Marion this season, but probably 8-2.

Edited by TheAmbassador

I agree that SP will be the toughest game they play, but don't forget about Hixson and Sequatchie County. You never know about Hixson. Every few years they come up with a good team. 7-3 at worst for Marion this season, but probably 8-2.

8-2???? That's pretty bold.. That would be unbelievable.. I'm gonna say 4-6 or 5-5.. Both would be good improvement..

"The weak schedule" was talked about last year too and those teams came out and bit them no matter how weak they were supposed to be. Lookout Valley and Hixson return good athletes and like Marion, Hixson will be rejuvenated with a new coach (Fitzgerald). I don't see Grundy rolling over, either.